• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Updated head light wiring , Anyone used this kit?

gtx6970

Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
Found this on Ebay.
im plannning to and have no problem to make my own but I cant buy the materials for this money

another one

Not mine and those kits are one of the reasons I started building mine. Definitely not designed with old mopars in mind.

I think my landed cost on those years ago was under $4/unit...

Build your own and use tyco/bosch relays ONLY.... headlight wiring is not the spot to "cheap" out.

Definitely not designed with old mopars in mind.

Build your own and use tyco/bosch relays ONLY....
if you dont mind . Care to elaborite on Not for Mopars. Looks like the plug ins are the same

I would probably update to a quality relay anyway in the very beginning

Found this on Ebay.
im plannning to and have no problem to make my own but I cant buy the materials for this money

another one

I am using the first one "Ceramic H4" in my Satellite. It's from Octane Lighting. Plug & play, works great and very affordable. Using Wagner halogens currently and nice and bright for night driving.

for the money.
I'll take a look in person.
I bought this one . If its junk, its not the 1st time Ive pissed away $20 . I already have the relays on hand to make my own

for the money.
I'll take a look in person.
I bought this one . If its junk, its not the 1st time Ive pissed away $20 . I already have the relays on hand to make my own

Likely the same thing as Octane's. Will probably work fine.

if you dont mind . Care to elaborite on Not for Mopars. Looks like the plug ins are the same

I would probably update to a quality relay anyway in the very beginning
I didn't say "Not for mopars" I said "Not designed with mopars in mind"

The instructions will say something along the lines of "Attach power at battery for full battery power".

Just run from anyone that says that... especially on a muscle era mopar.

Putting together a clean, 4 headlight car harness, is a task. Most of the customers I sold 4 headlight do it yourself kits, all but one said they wished they had just bought the kit put together by me. It's a learning process to get it clean and effective.

I didn't say "Not for mopars" I said "Not designed with mopars in mind"

The instructions will say something along the lines of "Attach power at battery for full battery power".

Just run from anyone that says that... especially on a muscle era mopar.

Putting together a clean, 4 headlight car harness, is a task. Most of the customers I sold 4 headlight do it yourself kits, all but one said they wished they had just bought the kit put together by me. It's a learning process to get it clean and effective.
many thanks for the reply.

I had no problem and had already started picking up supplies ( I have 2 ,,maybe soon to be 3 cars to do )
Ive been a tech for the better part of 40 years so making my own is not a problem. and if this one is garbage maybe I will ,,or maybe we will talk again.

Again please do not take it as a kick in the pants . was just curious .

No sweat. It took me months to engineer and source the parts I wanted to use in my kits. I see "how to" youtube stuff suggest items to use, there are better components available to do the job.

If you want to buy a put together kit from me, I sell all the components in a one stop deal. Having proper crimpers is the biggest issue for most DIY folks.

I always use redundant power circuits for my kits. Personally, I wouldn't put a kit on a car with one fuse/breaker providing all power. Think about the potential drawbacks traveling 60+ down a road.

It's hard to elaborate as I sell things on the basis of "this is why my kit is better". Much like cars, you can have yugo to lambos on the price scale and quality in each will be different along the way.

So enough idle chit-chat, give us a link to where you sell your kits or harnesses !!

I used a $20 kit from Ebay, so far so good. The seller was a truck supply Co out of Texas. I could not source the parts locally let alone my time for that price.

They look like the same thing, and appear to be built real cheap. I guess for $20, they are inexpensive.
The terminals that connect the power and grounds look really thin. No wire gauge or insulation type mentioned, so guessing maybe 14 or 16 AWG PVC wire?
The single headlight ground could be an issue. The original harness had grounds on each side of the car.

I've been referring MoPar headlight switch customers to @Crackedback for years, no complaints at all. In fact, nothing but praise!

Guys my post was not meant to knock a member

Just get feedback on a ebay part.

If you compare CRACKEDBACK's kit to the one from Octane Lightiing, the Octane kit uses heavier wire all the way around. I suspect their relays are a cheaper brand but for $115 bucks less I think you could replace the cheap relays and still be further ahead.

Auto Transport Service
Back