• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Updating Electronic Ignition on 1969 Roadrunner

I'm installing a new electronic ignition engine wiring harness in my 69 roadruuner. I would also like to install a new solid state voltage regulator made be Regitar Model:C524 I have a new Mopar ignition module and have everything wired up (i think) but need some input on how and if I can connect the new voltage regulator. The new wiring harness comes with a connector for a different style voltage regulator ( I would like to use the new stock looking solid state regulator if possible). So can I modify the harness to fit the regulator (blue to IGN green to FLD, I think). Do I need the resistor, please see pics and let me know your thoughts thanks. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for what I'm trying to do? Thanks

View attachment 436300 View attachment 436301 View attachment 436302 View attachment 436303 View attachment 436304

I’m really glad that I stumbled across your post about the engine wiring harness and the electric ignition! I’m currently swapping out my engine wiring harness and scratching my head about the old connectors, my new electronic ignition and how to connect them.

I would love to pick your brain about how you did it. Would you ever be willing to talk? You can call me almost any day and I’ll answer or be able to call ya back soon.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Hood
Iraq War Vet

Auto Transport Service
Back