• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USS New Jersey Teak Deck Pieces

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
For a small donation you can own a piece of history. I just received this piece of teak deck from USS New Jersey World War II Teak Deck Pieces - Battleship New Jersey
Kind of cool and every bit helps out with keeping her around. I'm not affiliated, just a big WW II buff.
20230903_203700.jpg
20230903_203633.jpg
20230903_203620.jpg
20230903_203606.jpg

Cool. I'm something of a battleship buff, and ashamed to say that I haven't visited the Iowa yet, even though it's only 50 miles away.
Did visit the Alabama (BB60) many years ago. I'm betting the Iowa (BB61) is more impressive
I toured the New Jersey (BB62) when it was in Long Beach, and still in active service, on its way to Vietnam. (1968?) I was in high school.
Still wanna go to Hawaii to visit Utah, Arizona, and Missouri.

I would most like to have a piece of decking off the USS Nevada but she is at the bottom of the ocean after our government sunk her during testing.

The Iowa class BBs were impressive. Able to keep up with the fast carriers and widely outclassed anything the Japanese had.

I've been aboard the USS Texas twice. She is going through a restoration currently.

I would most like to have a piece of decking off the USS Nevada but she is at the bottom of the ocean after our government sunk her during testing.

The Iowa class BBs were impressive. Able to keep up with the fast carriers and widely outclassed anything the Japanese had.

I've been aboard the USS Texas twice. She is going through a restoration currently.
Following the Texas saga thru Drachinifels site.
Didn't Nevada survive the airburst nuke, and succumb to the underwater burst?

Following the Texas saga thru Drachinifels site.
Didn't Nevada survive the airburst nuke, and succumb to the underwater burst?
Yea. She wouldn't sink. They had to break her keel to get her to go down. My Uncle picked up bomb fragments from her deck back in 41 and kept them as souvenirs. He didn't talk about much.

Auto Transport Service
Back