• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum canister location

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
A lot of parts were missing on my 69 Super Bee (4 speed factory air). Bit by bit I am getting everything sourced, restored or repaired.
Dumb question but I would assume there should be a vacuum canister? And if so where is it located, what is it hooked to hose wise etc. ? A pic would be great.
TIA

As far as I know that was for Chargers with vacuum operated headlight doors.

As far as I know that was for Chargers with vacuum operated headlight doors.
I’ve seen small cans similar to the 70 air grabber can under the battery tray years ago like long ago lol

Thanks all. I may not need one. I am uneducated on the factory ac, and ran across a canister online for 69-70 b body ac heater vacuum canister ‍♂️

Thanks all. I may not need one. I am uneducated on the factory ac, and ran across a canister online for 69-70 b body ac heater vacuum canister ‍♂️
Excuse my ignorance but what’s the function of this can in relation to the AC?

Excuse my ignorance but what’s the function of this can in relation to the AC?
Only thing I could think of is the three actuators on the ac heater box.
I am out of town but will try to post the advertisement for it that has me confused next day or two.

Here is why I am questioning whether or not an AC vacuum canister is needed.
64B6152C-3036-45EB-A3EB-442DD236B4B1.jpeg

On 71's it's located under the battery tray. Look for the two small holes under there, that would be evidence of one being mounted.

for chargers and air grabber set ups

AC cars also used one. My 70 Charger/Coronet service manual shows it in the vacuum diagram. Is your 70 Charger an AC car? I kinda wonder it it shares the can or has separate ones.

AC cars also used one. My 70 Charger/Coronet service manual shows it in the vacuum diagram. Is your 70 Charger an AC car? I kinda wonder it it shares the can or has separate ones.
Yes my 70 charger has one and it is an AC car, under battery tray

I had been wondering what the source of vacuum is for the controls and the actuators, but I guess I am even more confused. I still 1) not 100% this applies to my 69 Super Bee with factory air and 2) where it is mounted and where the lines connect. As I stated above, there were lots of parts and pieces missing so I had no basis to go by. I guess I need to study the vacuum lines on the heater ac box and also look for any areas under the hood where this may have been mounted, IF it even applies to my vehicle

I had been wondering what the source of vacuum is for the controls and the actuators, but I guess I am even more confused. I still 1) not 100% this applies to my 69 Super Bee with factory air and 2) where it is mounted and where the lines connect. As I stated above, there were lots of parts and pieces missing so I had no basis to go by. I guess I need to study the vacuum lines on the heater ac box and also look for any areas under the hood where this may have been mounted, IF it even applies to my vehicle
look under battery tray and see if it there. Do you have a heater water valve?
1668733978971.png

I will look under the battery tray tomorrow. I do have a water valve, had it rebuilt. It does not have a actuator on it as the one shown in your pic. Thanks much!

In 69, the B body AC system does NOT use a vacuum canister. If you have a big cam, the one in the pic can help IF you find it goes to defrost at idle - the default position.

Auto Transport Service
Back