• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum hose routing big block

Coronet67guy

Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before but I did search and didn't find anything. I need to find out where all the vacuum lines are supposed to run. 1974. 400 engine. Pictures of your set up or a diagram that you can actually read would be great! Here are my specifics -

EGR valve installed but no hose connected.
Ported vacuum switch, 3 port. Nothing connected. I know one port runs to manifold vacuum behind carb.
Vacuum canister still in car, One hose to vent line and one to the carb. Other not connected.
OSAC valve is on the air cleaner. Nothing connected.
Just FYI - I have no sensor in the radiator where I sometimes see hose routing going to.

Vacuum hose sizes would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance.

Wow 50 views and nobody? Well here's how I did it -

EGR to a T fitting, one line to left side vacuum on carb and other line to OSAC carb outlet.
Ran distributor vacuum advance to center port on vacuum switch. Bottom port to manifold vacuum, top port to other OSAC valve outlet.
Vacuum canister I ran to the right side vacuum on carb. (formally where vacuum advance was)

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but the car seemed to run and idle well after it was all hooked up. Hope this helps someone trying to hook up these lines.

you need a factory service manual that will have a pic

Auto Transport Service
Back