• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy 70 Air Cleaner Vacuum Lines?

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I have an air cleaner missing its vacuum lines. I would like to get the correct ones so it looks right at least. Year One have them, but at $37.22 x 2 plus their extortionate shipping rates, the total cost is over $96.00 for two lengths of 3ft hose. I don't mind paying good money for restoration parts, but that is ridiculous.
1966-74 A B E-Body Carburetor Vacuum Advance 7 Ribbed Ho...
If anybody knows of a cheaper source, please let me know?
Would also like to find the hose that goes to the PCV valve.

1674977148159.png

Thanks for the picture Wayne @dadsbee

Check Dales Cuda shop. There are a handful of big name vendors that carry that ribbed hose. I agree freight will kill a deal and they already charge a premium for the material.

I have an air cleaner missing its vacuum lines. I would like to get the correct ones so it looks right at least. Year One have them, but at $37.22 x 2 plus their extortionate shipping rates, the total cost is over $96.00 for two lengths of 3ft hose. I don't mind paying good money for restoration parts, but that is ridiculous.

View attachment 1409651
Well don't go by the hose in that picture, as I cheated with the 5/8" hose from snorkel to the BREATHER (not the PCV) by using a piece of old Mopar heater hose.

NOTE that picture you used is also a one year only 1971 air cleaner assembly, not a '70. A '70's breather hose comes off the passenger side of the round base and factory was formed and ribbed.
superbirdcleanup20182019 1064.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1065.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1066.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1067.JPG
superbirdcleanup20182019 1068.JPG

View attachment 1409651
There are two vacuum diaphragm assemblies. The one that operates the flap of the hot air stove, gets connected to the thermal vacuum sensor and a "Tee" fitting, which opens and closes the flap valve controlling the hot air. The other end of the "Tee" fitting is connected to the manifold vscuum source. The other diaphragm assembly, on the non heated air inlet, is either open or closed. On cold start, both diaphragm assemblies close their respective flap valves. The flap valve on the heated air or stove connection operates in response to the air temperature inside the air cleaner. The other diaphragm assembly remains closed until the manifold vscuum drops at which time BOTH flap valves open allowing maximum unheated air flow. The thermal sensor operates only the hot air diaphragm assembly. Your pix shows them incorrectly assembled. The FSM shows the correct way..... any 3/16" vacuum tubing will work...unless you are building a 100 point car.....99.5% of the average viewing people will not know the dufference if you use ribbed on nonribbed hose......just a thought.....
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back