• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve Springs

dukeboy_318

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
So I have a question. I have a set of Edlebrock Performer RPM heads for my 440 I am building, I bought these bare, had them worked a bit. Anyway, I am at the Valve Spring part. I'm running a Comp Cams XE28HL which recommends 924-16 springs. These springs appear to be different rates than the standard Edlebrock springs. So will these 924-16s fit the RPM heads and should i only run the outer springs during break in, which will be on a dyno? Or if anyone has any different brands or models to suggest, im all ears.

Yes as they are .049" smaller in outside diameter than the Edelbrock 5792 spring they will physically fit the RPM heads and can be used with the supplied RPM retainers and locators. It is best to remove the inner springs for a careful camshaft break in.

Yes as they are .049" smaller in outside diameter than the Edelbrock 5792 spring they will physically fit the RPM heads and can be used with the supplied RPM retainers and locators. It is best to remove the inner springs for a careful camshaft break in.
Thanks!!!

I’ve never pulled a dual spring apart before, is there anything special to be done or do they just slide out

It all depends on each spring. Normally they slide out fairly easily, but sometimes takes some effort.

Auto Transport Service
Back