• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valvoline no longer American owned?

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
I've been using Valvoline all my life. My dad wouldn't use any other oil. Not one to support companies that are anti American. I'll guess I'll switch to O'Reilly's house brand now and save some money. Going to be difficult as I've been so loyal for so long.

Aramco Acquires Valvoline Global Operations for $2.65 Billion

The jug I just bought still says American owned????

IMG_20240115_120539641.jpg

IMG_20240115_115932022.jpg

IMG_20240115_111014626.jpg

Another case of corporate American prostituting itself and likely with full govt support… When is the military going to outsource all mfg and operations to the reds?

Those supplemental ZDDP additives are often worthless and maybe even detrimental toward metal protection. There is no way to know if the additive package in the oil is compatible with the chemistry of those supplements without contacting the manufacturer of the oil.

Aramco used to be Arab American Oil Company.

Arabs owned the oil and the Americans pumped it out of the ground.

That changed when the Arabs seized control of the company.

I sent Valvoline a email asking about the "American owned and operated" statement on the jug. That was Monday night 15 January 2024. So far no reply.

I sent Valvoline a email asking about the "American owned and operated" statement on the jug. That was Monday night 15 January 2024. So far no reply.
Their statement could be viewed as a truism given we’re now a vassal state of our enemies instead of being that “Beacon of Light on the Hill“ that Ronnie always spoke of……

I wish it wasn't such a turd to ship or transport. I have Northland Oil right in town. Ther are a refinery and supply most every lube product for John Deere. I know the owner and sales manager and I bet there could be a private label deal made. Naw, I will be 70 in a couple years. I don't want to get back in business.

Well that sucks another company gone... I do have a company near me called Schaffer’s oil in downtown I’m tempted to switch to. We used to use it exclusively at work and it was great in Diesel engines that didn’t get the proper tic.

Too bad, sad it's going to the Arabs now

my stepdad was a loyal Valvoline guy, until early 2000s
for that very reason
he's been on the Havoline kick
since Chevron bought them from Texaco, in 2001
they are ownership based in San Ramon Calif./Chevron HG

I prefer Torco Race Oils,
in any performance built motor/engine, trans, rear diff etc.
it aint cheap like $8-$10 or more per qt at jobber
100% made in USA,
www.TorcoUSA.com founded by Bob Lancaster in 1950
specialty oils, mostly racing lubricants, synthetic & dino oils
I've never had an engine failure from lack of lubrication

I've had good luck with Royal Purple synthetics too
run them in my trucks

Last edited:
I use Penn grade in everything, same as driven company wise. I would not use anything with a API approved circle on the back in anything with a carburetor and flat tappet. You drive a antique car you need special oil, not what goes in a old worn out Subaru.

Auto Transport Service
Back