• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Van Nuys Spring Fling 2022 date is set!

So what did you guys buy in the swap?

3408017D-92C3-4660-915F-A0935A097F0E.jpeg 13370354-523C-42B4-AA6B-52D23B0F6CB2.jpeg B1278635-A77B-4C5C-B9D4-6E5ED952742F.jpeg 16CACD3E-D0F2-427B-9B13-478D8A44B949.jpeg 09825938-D1C4-44F7-BEE0-2020EC6F3D93.jpeg

Had a great time at the show. It's great to see such a good turnout like the old days. That petty blue convertible Roadrunner was beautiful. Park looks like it's been taken a pretty good beating though.

The groundhogs have run rampant in the park. The wife saw one pop up while we were walking the show field.

I see some cranks and engine parts in the background. Just your home stash?
Yeah, for now...one cast and two .010/.010. forged cranks. Most of the stuff you see is from a junkyard 440 that I grabbed a few weeks ago and tore down, to be magged, cleaned, and set aside for a future project (or just daydreams LoL)!

Yeah, for now...one cast and two .010/.010. forged cranks. Most of the stuff you see is from a junkyard 440 that I grabbed a few weeks ago and tore down, to be magged, cleaned, and set aside for a future project (or just daydreams LoL)!

saw lots of RB intakes for sale in the swap. And heads of all flavors. including a set of predators (I didn’t even know of thier existence)

6C80E330-9B4C-495E-9C20-96EC8FD284FC.jpeg

Thank you for the shout out to my Father-in-Law and his Coronet. Glad you were at the show – I would have liked to meet you. It was an incredible weekend for him and one he thought would never happen when he gave me his car 2 years ago. You are correct, his emotions came flooding back on the cruise, but I was actually driving the first portions because he didn’t want to, even with my constant prodding. But after the Rock Store stop, he decided to get back in the driver’s seat after 27 years and he did not disappoint. As you said, the emotions came back and I could see him “tearing up”, and he said, “this skinny wheel feels great”. He was cautious at first but after a few miles he started hammering it in the straight-a-ways to where I was a little nervous – the guys 80years old!

View attachment 1275941
I talked to your FIL at length on Saturday; lots of great stories. Thumbed through the photo album. That's an awesome car you have; good luck with it.
I was behind you on the freeway during the Malibu cruise; that box truck in front was going waaay too slow so I eventually pulled out and shot ahead (in the white Dart).

Stopped to help a Chevy guy on the way home. Mountains, 33, north of Ojai. Trans line broke said he was shaking the new trans down. (In the mountains, with his wife along, where there is no cell service). Makes perfect sense.
373924C6-C8DE-43EC-ABAC-29CAE8E023E6.jpeg

Stopped to help a Chevy guy on the way home. Mountains, 33, north of Ojai. Trans line broke said he was shaking the new trans down. (In the mountains, with his wife along, where there is no cell service). Makes perfect sense. View attachment 1276297

Your a good man... Course we all knew that...

How did you like 33 through Ojai?

Last edited:
Stopped to help a Chevy guy on the way home. Mountains, 33, north of Ojai. Trans line broke said he was shaking the new trans down. (In the mountains, with his wife along, where there is no cell service).
Makes perfect "Chevy guy" sense. View attachment 1276297
That's better.
:)

Thanks to Steve and the Club for making it one of the best ever.
View attachment 1276310

It was an exceptionally good year... Not the biggest but damn close & compared to most events these days it was huge...
Very well organized & run.... Almost like the folks from CPW have done this before....

I Agree!! Thanks Steve & The whole CPW Crew...

Trying to keep up with Dennis

IMG_20220422_120713.jpg

Made a short stop at the beach: John, me, Maria, Dennis, and Carl (CKessel). And don't worry Greg, we got your back. IMG_20220422_114706.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back