• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanity plates, show em if you got em

I got into heated discussion with DMV because they hemmed for 12 weeks, then refused my black & yellow legacys.
CIA LSD
Guy I knew had a vanity plate FKME. Got the plate late 1950's . DMV ask why he wanted the plate. Well my name is FranK M. Engl***. Don't want to put his full name, passed on 30 years ago and has family in town still.

CUDA6T8

20170319_122911.jpg

Jeff

Ok u guys what's the extra cost for vanity plates in ur state? 'Vietnam' is free in Ohio; I simply refuse to pay the 'extra' that they want.+15,20 over normal cost.
I would hope Vietnam, Korea or any War Vet plate is free in every state.
Shameful if not.

I need to renew my plates tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can get my plates changed to my FBBO name.
Got my fingers crossed

I think I paid 70 bucks for my vanity QQ plate

HOLY SH#T I thought Connecticut was bad!
That a TOPPER!!!

Ya and get this, plate renewal is over $100 now! That Lovely %#!+ running our province is killing us. Don't get me started on the new carbon tax!

I don't have a good file photo on this computer but my plate is on my avatar on the left. VE8NSD is my ham radio licence. We get free vanity plates from the government. Nunavut Territory and us have the only bear shaped licence plates. Nunavut Territory bears face left, Northwest Territory bears face right.

That bear shaped license plate has to be the coolest plate bar none
I don't have a good file photo on this computer but my plate is on my avatar on the left. VE8NSD is my ham radio licence. We get free vanity plates from the government. Nunavut Territory and us have the only bear shaped licence plates. Nunavut Territory bears face left, Northwest Territory bears face right.

Very cool!

Thanks. It's a rare plate. Even though this territory is about 3 times the size of Texas our TOTAL population is about 45,000.
Are there many Mopars up that far?

Are there many Mopars up that far?
There's a few up here but most have been crushed. There actually was a unrestored Superbird on the streets of Yellowknife until quite recently. My '70 Coronet came from a backyard. I paid $400 for it, and there was a triple black '68 Charger 500 at the same place that had been crushed by a bulldozer. I had to turn down a minty, TOTALLY CHERRY AMC Javelin (sort of a MOPAR) for $1400 because I already had my Coronet.
What kills us here is the price to ship stuff in. Everything must be shipped from the south and it can be grievously expensive.

Mine is the legacy black and yellow CA plate - GETX D. I don't think people get it so next renewal I'm going to change it to GETXD. WhAt do you think?

Problem is people are so into the new old plate look that they're ordering them for every kind of car. Takes 6 months to get them from the DMV.

I paid $230 for the 440 plate back in 1987, and it now costs me only $49 a year to keep the car on the road. We own plates for life, just pay for the annual license fee.

upload_2017-3-27_22-52-41.png

This special edition RED plate cost me $899, and the truck still only costs me $49 a year to licence. Vehicles get a big discount when they hit 40yo over here.
upload_2017-3-27_22-57-39.png

half your luck cost me a thousand a year regardless of age of the car , the "compulsory greenslip "( $500-$600) costs more than the rego :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back