• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanity plates, show em if you got em

I think mine was $35,one time fee. One thing Ohio is good for!

IMG_0819.JPG

Historical plate, like beekool,I don't like paying extra!

I got a couple for my motor cycles , AGRY BS on the H1, KOW on the 77 KZ, STUMP on the Norton. But for the cars I alway go for year correct. Just need to locate same year . Send it off to the capital to verify authenticity and it stays with the car for life. Still got to pay for stickers... When I get them back a bud that runs a motor cycle paint shop ( http://www.pmansclassiccyclepaint.com/ ) sprays them and has Lynn Dagger ( https://www.facebook.com/Dagger-Artwork-1011399228922406/ ) hand paint the letters & #'s. This one was on my 64 Galaxie XL til I sold it. In 64 this one was designated for trailers but Tallahassee gave it the go ahead to use it on a car.

KIMG0214.JPG

I must have a 100 plates laying around. Over the years, I've managed to find NOS pairs for every year from 64-71. I have some dealer and 1/2 year plates, as well.

Ok u guys what's the extra cost for vanity plates in ur state? 'Vietnam' is free in Ohio; I simply refuse to pay the 'extra' that they want.+15,20 over normal cost.

Up here in Ontario, I paid $340. for my vanity plate, then I have to fork over $120/year for the annual sticker

LX car that has since been sold to move up to a Durango (which has these plates on it but not much longer...new ones are in the mail).

DSCN9887.JPG

I put original 1970 plates on my car, paid $120 I think about twenty years ago and haven't paid a penny since.
I like them.

IMG_2363.JPG

I Go Too Fast - Silver State and Big Bend Open Road racing... Nothing like sitting it at 150 mph for 90 miles at a time...

One of these things is not like the other.

Let's see the custom plates... Just moved my garage is still a disaster
View attachment 407761
I found mine quite by accident, went into a repair shop and these were among some others on the wall..Iowa ( my state) ..87 ( stands for my county).. 2340 (easy to remember)... plate year 64 ( year of my Dodge) and in good condition. I don't care much for the color that year. Paid the asking price of $10. The plates that came with my car was 1963 California black plates that I will keep................MO

resized 7.jpg

Custom Plate for up front because Ohio requires only 1 historical tag on the rear.

20170210_100250.jpg

I have a bunch of them....
Here is one:
(In case you are too young to know it's a 1969 S/C Rambler....or Scrambler)

Abby.JPG

Here's a few of mine from the past.
All were on cars that I bought and drove and sadly sold.
Plate # 7 for those of you who don't know roman numerals is 426.
who knows what # 8 top one is?

IMG_7461.JPG IMG_7462.JPG IMG_7463.JPG IMG_7464.JPG IMG_7465.JPG IMG_7466.JPG IMG_7467.JPG IMG_7468.JPG IMG_7469.JPG

A few I've had...The first two are self evident. The third one is after NHRA went to a 1,000 foot distance for the Fuel cars.

DSCN2332.JPG DSCN0023.JPG DSCN0902.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back