• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanity plates, show em if you got em

Picture 150.jpg

Mine is the legacy black and yellow CA plate - GETX D. I don't think people get it so next renewal I'm going to change it to GETXD. WhAt do you think?

Problem is people are so into the new old plate look that they're ordering them for every kind of car. Takes 6 months to get them from the DMV.
Yeah, sacrelige putting black & yellows anything but period correct cars.

Well, vanity plates overhere are US$383 a year. Yup, B big block rate.... :poke::realcrazy:

The dumptrucks of people not working under/with the government are US$440 for the initial year and US$408 subsequent year.

I would hope Vietnam, Korea or any War Vet plate is free in every state.
Shameful if not.
In Ill. the first set of Purple Heart, POW or MOH plates are free. All other military plates, Viet Nam Vet, Korean war Vet, WWII Vet, Silver star, Bronze Star, etc, are priced at the normal $104 (non vanity) price.

In Ill. the first set of Purple Heart, POW or MOH plates are free. All other military plates, Viet Nam Vet, Korean war Vet, WWII Vet, Silver star, Bronze Star, etc, are priced at the normal $104 (non vanity) price.
I'm in favor of paying normal price. Just not for having to pay extra

Beekool is with me! My plate is regular price, no extra. Fran I liked everything you said just cudnt get my head around the prices.

thanks2frank%20-%20Cache%20Valley%20Cruise%20In%20-%20July%202013%200488.jpg

Ours are an initial $65 for personalized plates, then standard registration fee of $20 each year there after.

Here's mine.......

1. Jess in Ky

JRvisit3rs.png

.....hhhmmmmm, hard to see. .........closeup!!!

vanityplate.jpg

Last edited:
My opine: Places with outrageous pricing for vanity plates are missing out on a good revenue stream. Make them a reasonable price (both initial & renewal fees) and more folks will buy, creating more annual revenue. They need to think overall volume vice individual profit margin.

I should clarify, when I say "first set", I mean the first one each year. If you own 2 or more vehicles, you pay full price for the 2nd and subsequent sets. Simply put, you get one free set per year.

Wife's car, my plate. Connecticut was talking about not having property tax on cars. Antique plates allow you to pay a max of $50 property tax. The only time I can think where car people catch a break.
vp.jpg
When they went to 7 letters/numbers I got this plate.

Auto Transport Service
Back