• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vapor can questions??

edp

Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, been poking around here for awhile now, great site!

Are the vapor cans specific for certain years, I've got a 71 Satellite going back together & dont have one so I'm looking for one as well as wondering if cans from other body style cars are the same? like E or A body.

does anyone know & does anyone have one to sell?

Thanks a lot, pic of my project....

P1030201.jpg

Your '71 didn't originally have a vapor can; it used the engine crankcase to store fuel vapors. All the info you need is here.

Apologies, I should of said tank, not can. Its supposed to have one behind the rear drivers wheel bolted in, it has 4 vent lines on it that match to the 4 vent tubes coming off the fuel tank. I think it was mid to late 72 that the charcoal vapor cans in the engine comp were in use but 71 wasn't used.

They look like this.....
file.jpg

DSC07700r.jpg

'70 California plus '71 50-state/Canada B-bodies. A-body's not the same. Neither is E-body.

Or install a '72+ tank (thus eliminating the separator you're missing) and install a cannister + purge valve per above link.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back