• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Window Frame and Door Glass

JimKueneman

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
1968 Coronet HT.

1) How do you disengage the side window glass from the track that is part of the vent frame so I can get the glass out?
2) I want to at least move the vent frame somewhat so I can sand and paint the door without worrying about scratching the frame chrome. Is there a trick to remove/get the vent window frame free?

Thanks,
Jim

I see, I was looking for a plug for the allen screw. The 500 has an emblem on the door that covers the hole and it does not have a plug. Problem is some yahoo has rounded out the right side with a cheap allen wrench…. grrrrr.

Jim

To get that whole works out is a task! Now what to do about that rounded allen head!?

To get that whole works out is a task! Now what to do about that rounded allen head!?

Got it out. 5mm hex is just a few mils bigger. Had 3 of them sacrificed one and touched each face on grinder then drove it into to hex. Came right loose.

Auto Transport Service
Back