• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Windows & Glass CONVT VS. HARDTOP THE SAME?

PurpleBeeper

Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Are the vent window frames the same on a wagon/hardtop/4-door and a convertible in 1970? I'm trying to align my driver's door glass/vent.

At the bottom of the window channel (back of vent window, kinda shaped like a "V", acts as front main window channel) there is a little loop that goes over a locating pin. The pin is bolted near the bottom/inside of the door and that little loop goes over this pin along with something called an "anti-rattle" which I guess is just a little piece of rubber or something (mine is missing).

My window channel's little loop is broken off, so I cannot locate/align the channel (and window for that matter). Can I just get the vent window frame ("V") off of ANY '68-'70 Plymouth/Dodge and swap it out? If not, then what about drilling/cutting that little loop off of one of those cars and welding/pop-riveting it onto my existing convertible vent window "V"?

Thanks in advance for any help/information! Roadrunner Window Channel Diagram 001.jpg

Last edited:
hardtop & convert frames should be the same.

Two door post and 4 door frames should be the same

The vent frame for a 68-70B convertible will interchange with a 66-67B hardtop, but not a 68-70B hardtop. However, the anti-rattle segment from a 68-70B vent frame should work, cut & weld/rivet as you mention. The anti-rattle fits over the adjusting pin as shown. The anti-rattle insert is typically a piece of foam, medium density.

The vent frame for a 68-70B convertible will interchange with a 66-67B hardtop, but not a 68-70B hardtop. However, the anti-rattle segment from a 68-70B vent frame should work, cut & weld/rivet as you mention. The anti-rattle fits over the adjusting pin as shown. The anti-rattle insert is typically a piece of foam, medium density.

That makes a ton of sense 70Runner. Many years ago my windshield got broken and I got one out of a 67 Charger hardtop to replace it. I guess it's just a matter of the windshield angle? THANK YOU!

The lower loop bracket at the bottom of the vent channel is different for a convertible than a hardtop at least it was on the 69 i had which i am sure applies to 70. The vent frame channel it self was also different than hardtops not saying other years won't work but they are different

The lower loop bracket at the bottom of the vent channel is different for a convertible than a hardtop at least it was on the 69 i had which i am sure applies to 70. The vent frame channel it self was also different than hardtops not saying other years won't work but they are different

Ok, the plot thickens.... Do you remember how it was different? Does anyone by any chance have an old Hollander book that can tell me if the vent window frame is the same on '66/'67 2-drs is the same as '68-'70 convt's? I'm talking to a guy that has one, but he's not local and I'd hate to lay out the cash only to find out it's the wrong part when it arrives.

You should be fine if they are 66-67B 2 door frames. I used 67B frames on my 70 convertible, better chrome and identical to originals. Check the pivot, it should look like this one. IIRC the bottom loop should work.

$_1.JPG

not this...

161.jpg

OK, see if I have this straight. If I need to replace vent frames on my 70 B body convertible, I can use 68-70 B convertible only frames, or 66-67 B convertible or hardtop frames. Am I correct with that interpretation?

Taking this a step further, does the vent glass only, interchange across the hardtop/convertible lines?

Skip

PurpleBeeper mentioned Hollander & I remembered I have an old one, too bad it stops at 1969, how ever if I am reading it right, & I'm not sure I'm deciphering it correctly, there is some interesting information.
Scanned a couple of pages but having trouble posting them.
Anyway, what it shows is the 66 & 67 vent has the same part # across the board, 2DR, 4DR, HDT & CONV all the same. 68 & 69 have different part #s for post cars vs HDT/CONV. What is interesting is the part # for the 68/69 HDT/CONV is the same part # as the 66/67 all inclusive #. That number in the Hollander book is 2913. All the above applies to B body only.
What I don't know is whether this is for the glass only or the vent assembly.
Just my 2 cents worth.

• :headbang:

Skip

I can tell you for sure that the vent glass is different from 66/67 Charger to 70 Charger...

Auto Transport Service
Back