• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vikings Victory!!!!

No I think that was Jack Tatum (raiders)....
Yup

1663728237897.png

Vikings need to remember the playoffs haven't started yet. Beating the Packers once is only the beginning.

Not completely true my - sick of the patriots - friend. The awesome 12-2 1969 Mn Vikings won the last of the NFL Championships in 69 - defeating the LA Rams and then the Cleveland Browns for the NFL Championship. In 1970 the Super Bowl era began with the merger of the NFL and the AFL. The Vikings were the class of the league during those years - and yes unfortunately they did choke in their 4 appearances in the 70's and the beginning of the Super Bowl era. But truth be told you can never say they never won a Championship. Read your history it's all there.

And BTW as an additional off subject piece of little known NBA history - The vaunted LA Lakers - arch rivals to your precious Celtics - Actually came from Minnesota as the Minneapolis Lakers - the trivia point is why the LA Lakers are named such - reason being MN "Land of 10,000 Lakes". During their years as a franchise in MN the Lakers won the World Championship 5 times in Six years prior to the move to LA. Three of those were NBA titles and 3 prior to the merger. IIRC They've been to the finals 10 times more than the Celtics. A great sports rivalry to be sure - but the Lakers hold the Trump card IMO. Just thought I'd school you a bit on MN sports history. You can thank me later.
View attachment 1341822
The Super Bowl era began in 1965.

The Super Bowl era began in 1965.
Search your history rather than your brain - something tells me one is more accurate than the other. I posted a Forbes article to back up my post. Read it.

Super Bowl #1 was in 1967...which would have been the '66 season.
The "merger" became official before the 1970 season.
Gawwwd I miss the old days of the NFL.
John Facenda's voice on those early "NFL Films" documentaries.. I'm glad to have lived through those days.

Hey @eldubb440, a CALI (HOLLYWOOD) making fun of Philly, guess he would've been protecting & protesting HOLLYWOOD Jim Johnson of the Cowboys during the ice ball pelting form the 700 level of Vet Stadium back in the day!!
Oh, John GregoryTaylor of the 49s, a PHILLY/SJ GUY, remember that.

@MarPar, knew a "DA BEARS" would show up. Walter Payton, THE GREATEST, for sure!! saw him against Lions in 82 at Soldier, WOW!!!

WELCOME TO THE PURPLE PUMMEL PODCAST!!

:lol:
Yeah - if it's me you might be referring to - don't mistake me for a CA guy. But one thing I can say with absolute certainty is - The Phillie fans are deep down at the bottom of the heap in terms of class - as in - They don't have any. You seem to be proud of that - I guess most Curs would be. Low class for sure from a low class city. I can't and won't blame the team for that - they can't help they're in the NFL sewer city where I understand top level education is just barely getting thru high school and I believe that to be 50/50 at best. You, of course clearly exemplify the heart and soul of the Phillie sewer. Your "podcast has run its course as has your mouth. Put your teeth back in and act civil if that's at all possible - Me thinks not.....

Yeah - if it's me you might be referring to - don't mistake me for a CA guy. But one thing I can say with absolute certainty is - The Phillie fans are deep down at the bottom of the heap in terms of class - as in - They don't have any. You seem to be proud of that - I guess most Curs would be. Low class for sure from a low class city. I can't and won't blame the team for that - they can't help they're in the NFL sewer city where I understand top level education is just barely getting thru high school and I believe that to be 50/50 at best. You, of course clearly exemplify the heart and soul of the Phillie sewer. Your "podcast has run its course as has your mouth. Put your teeth back in and act civil if that's at all possible - Me thinks not.....
As a self-proclaimed "cheesehead" he better hope those "sissy west-coast" 9ers don't come up there into the frozen blah blah blah and knock his boys out of the playoffs....AGAIN....that's IF 'da pack' even makes it....hahahaha
I think we humiliated them last time with...what, like 6 total passes on offense.....ouch....

1976 season, 1977 Superbowl

Oakland Raiders AFL 1977 excepting the Super Bowl Trophy Al Davis & John Madden.jpg

tough day for Vikings fans

Vikings need to remember the playoffs haven't started yet. Beating the Packers once is only the beginning.
As I said earlier - well recognized, and if that's our one game for the season so be it. After watching them Monday night - it just may be. I hold no illusions toward their future this season. We're mediocre at best.

But I have to say something Packers fans won't like - not that I really care about their feelings so much - But it's not just me - But how sick and tired of the never ending game long slobbering and bowing before the illusionary "throne" of Aaron Rodgers by the announcers - particularly Chris - give him a blow job - Collingsworth. Doesn't matter who they're playing the dribble is everywhere. Last said "Probably the greatest QB of all time". C'mon even you guys can't believe that bullshit. Of course he's good - but please there have been many, many better. He's won one super bowl in all these years - He's played in a fairly weak division for his whole career but never fails to exit the playoffs w/o grace. "The greatest of all time" - That my friend is an absolute joke. I'd be happy to hear your take on that - I have nothing against the guy - but get real.

As I said earlier - well recognized, and if that's our one game for the season so be it. After watching them Monday night - it just may be. I hold no illusions toward their future this season. We're mediocre at best.

But I have to say something Packers fans won't like - not that I really care about their feelings so much - But it's not just me - But how sick and tired of the never ending game long slobbering and bowing before the illusionary "throne" of Aaron Rodgers by the announcers - particularly Chris - give him a blow job - Collingsworth. Doesn't matter who they're playing the dribble is everywhere. Last said "Probably the greatest QB of all time". C'mon even you guys can't believe that bullshit. Of course he's good - but please there have been many, many better. He's won one super bowl in all these years - He's played in a fairly weak division for his whole career but never fails to exit the playoffs w/o grace. "The greatest of all time" - That my friend is an absolute joke. I'd be happy to hear your take on that - I have nothing against the guy - but get real.
I think he’s a talent, smart, smarter than Favre was despite how much I admired (Favre) despite his latest skank-hood. Look at his stat’s. Agree, division has been weak for years. Also, Rodgers played during some times when the OL sucked. The greatest? No. Among them? Yes. How this team made it SO close to the SB so many times and got shut out, was frustrating…not only when he was the QB. Same **** with Brett. Sadly, Rodgers is or thinks he is, a prima donna. Don’t know any guy that’s changed his hairstyle more than he has. He’s an old QB now and doesn’t know where he wants to be. Similar **** when Favre was in his later years. Will Rodgers be in GB next year? Who knows..

Well at least he owns the city of Chicago - He has that going for him

did Aaron Rogers not have the #1 seed the past 2 seasons and totally **** the bed? along with numerous first round exits over the past decade? he's not close to being one of the "greatest of all time"....... same goes for the "interceptoion throwing machine" Brett Favre, at least he was an iron man who never missed a game; heck, he even blew it for the Vikings that one year........

they have the same number of championships as Nick Foles, Trent Dilfer, Drew Breeze, Russel Wilson, Jim McMahon and a few others

some very good QB's on that list, some better than others; but none deserve to be lumped in with Brady and Montana

Rogers jerk off attitude doesn't score him any points either

Last edited:
Sadly, Rodgers is or thinks he is, a prima donna.
And this right here is his problem. He thinks he's God's gift to the world and smarter than anyone who's ever walked the earth. Early on he was great and fun to route for, but now I can't route for him anymore. As beanhead said, "I miss the old days of the NFL". These guys these days all have to shower themselves with endless self adulation after every play. I don't even watch it anymore. I do still enjoy watching old footage of the golden age of the NFL (for me, anyway) from the 50s-70s, though.

Auto Transport Service
Back