• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vikings Victory!!!!

Search your history rather than your brain - something tells me one is more accurate than the other. I posted a Forbes article to back up my post. Read it.
Don't need to read it and your tone is all wrong. Relax please. The next Super Bowl will be the 57th and the first ever Super Bowl was Jan. 15, 1967 after the 1966 season. I was wrong when I said 1965 and you are referring to the official AFL/NFL merger in 1970.

Last edited:
As a self-proclaimed "cheesehead" he better hope those "sissy west-coast" 9ers don't come up there into the frozen blah blah blah and knock his boys out of the playoffs....AGAIN....that's IF 'da pack' even makes it....hahahaha
I think we humiliated them last time with...what, like 6 total passes on offense.....ouch....
And it hurt, as a hardcore Vikings fan in those days.
Yeah my brother - every single one of them hurt and hurt bad - but I'm not sure which hurt more - Said to be one of the greatest offensive teams in NFL history - 1998 Vikings - 15-1 and Gary "never misses a FG" Anderson shanks one from close up in the NFC Championship against the Falcons - who went on with half the talent to win the Super Bowl. Then "bounty-gate" with another roar of a season with ole Brett Favre at the helm. Saints players openly paid to take him out - but just couldn't get that Lion to lay down. Then with 10-15 clear running yards right in front of him he throws a cross body pass for an interception and costs us the game. To this day and forever more I will despise the Saints for cheating in that game, barely getting a slap on the wrist and going on again with half the talent to win our Super Bowl. Oh yeah there were others going back - The Drew Pearson push off in the end zone back in the 70's in the NFC Championship against the Cowboys. Who then went on to a Super Bowl victory.

Yeah boy I dont forget - and they all hurt - it's like death by a thousands paper cuts or maybe more like a thousand stabs from a machete. Just one SB victory in my lifetime - just one that's all I ask. Sure as hell doesn't look like it's going to be this year......

I wouldn't mind a Vikings or Bills Super Bowl 57 victory.

Those are the two loneliest Super Bowl teams in the history of the NFL. I know there's some that have never even been there - but sorry I can't count you for now. Likely you've never had a decade or two of glory years. Your turn will come. For right now I agree the Bills or the Vikings. We've both had lengthy periods of season and playoff dominance - what has eluded us both has been the Lombardi Trophy. The Vikes have been there 4 times with seasons of incredible dominance along with crushing playoff victories. And NFC Championship losses that clearly should have been theirs - but sadly no Lombardi Trophies grace the halls of their Eagan, MN Headquarters.

The great Buffalo Bills teams of the nineties were in some ways similar to MN in that they were perennial division winners and had a lengthy run as such. QB Jim Kelly was a winner in every way but capturing the elusive Lombardi Trophy for the franchise. The Bills have the distinction of going to 4 straight Super Bowls in the nineties but walking away empty handed each time. Heartache personified. The Bills franchise has never since returned to their former prominence until a great draft opportunity rolled around and the early maturing of young QB Josh Allen. Allen is a bonafide rock star under center and played one of the most exciting AFC playoff games I think I've ever seen against another young rock star QB Patrick Mahomes. A wildly incredible shootout won in the last few seconds by the KC Chiefs. An incredible playoff game the likes of which we may never see again. But with the 2021 season and even an unsuccessful playoff bid I'm convinced it's fair to says the Bills are back and on their way to another shot at the Super Bowl very soon - maybe even 2022. They're loaded with talent and I'd love to see them return to dominance and prominence the sooner the better.

The great Buffalo Bills teams of the nineties were in some ways similar to MN in that they were perennial division winners and had a lengthy run as such. QB Jim Kelly was a winner in every way but capturing the elusive Lombardi Trophy for the franchise. The Bills have the distinction of going to 4 straight Super Bowls in the nineties but walking away empty handed each time. Heartache personified.

losses to the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys twice........ the NFC East was loaded back then; Parcells, Gibbs, and Johnson all coaching in the same division

And this right here is his problem. He thinks he's God's gift to the world and smarter than anyone who's ever walked the earth. Early on he was great and fun to route for, but now I can't route for him anymore. As beanhead said, "I miss the old days of the NFL". These guys these days all have to shower themselves with endless self adulation after every play. I don't even watch it anymore. I do still enjoy watching old footage of the golden age of the NFL (for me, anyway) from the 50s-70s, though.
Happens to a lot of people who are showered with money and fame and don’t know how to handle it. Long list of celebrities who went goofy…Elvis, Tiger Woods, and countless others. They’ve been built up as Gods in the media. A lot has changed in pro-sports remembering the old days as a packer fan. Had the chance to meet several of the players from the 60’s at a golf outing in the early 70’s. My girlfriend’s dad made some biz investments with some of them. Was awestruck remembering their playing days and yet they were regular guys and didn’t mind spending a couple minutes to chat and joke around. Back then those guys made around $35k on average, equivalent to $330k today. A lot of those guys were not set for cozy retirement after their playing days were done. Now the average is over a million and who can forget the kind of cash the elite players get. Same deal with pro-golfers and other sports back when. Whole different world they made their way in.

Sponsors – big biz has the power. Upset them, they go away taking their cash cow with them. The NFL, team owners, and players bend over for them. BLM is an example. Recollect what happened to Fuzzy Zoeller when he made an innocent joke, being a perpetual jokester he was, about Tiger’s menu selection for the Master’s winners dinner? Oly chit. Ruined him. His sponsor’s ran off. Tiger said squat. We hear about this **** often. Pro-sports isn’t about playing a game…it is all about watching a 'business' operate.

Happens to a lot of people who are showered with money and fame and don’t know how to handle it. Long list of celebrities who went goofy…Elvis, Tiger Woods, and countless others. They’ve been built up as Gods in the media. A lot has changed in pro-sports remembering the old days as a packer fan. Had the chance to meet several of the players from the 60’s at a golf outing in the early 70’s. My girlfriend’s dad made some biz investments with some of them. Was awestruck remembering their playing days and yet they were regular guys and didn’t mind spending a couple minutes to chat and joke around. Back then those guys made around $35k on average, equivalent to $330k today. A lot of those guys were not set for cozy retirement after their playing days were done. Now the average is over a million and who can forget the kind of cash the elite players get. Same deal with pro-golfers and other sports back when. Whole different world they made their way in.

Sponsors – big biz has the power. Upset them, they go away taking their cash cow with them. The NFL, team owners, and players bend over for them. BLM is an example. Recollect what happened to Fuzzy Zoeller when he made an innocent joke, being a perpetual jokester he was, about Tiger’s menu selection for the Master’s winners dinner? Oly chit. Ruined him. His sponsor’s ran off. Tiger said squat. We hear about this **** often. Pro-sports isn’t about playing a game…it is all about watching a 'business' operate.
And who of us over the age of ?? can forget Jimmy the Greek. A great color man for football - made one true statement about a certain ethnic group being genetically better constructed than others and therefore often better athletes. Even the spoken of ethnic group backed him up as speaking the truth. Yet that was a career ender for The Greek. And how long ago was that? At least 40 years ago I'd say.

As an added footnote a number of years ago I was on a business call and the guys I was seeing were good ole MN boys/Transplants like me for business. They happen to be good buddies with Ron Yary - 70's HOF as an OT during the Vikings hey days. He happened to be there that day and I had a chance to chat w/him. Kind of a bitter dude these days as he was out schlepping life insurance trying to make a living after football. He didn't make squat back then and was bitter at how much guys were making these days that couldn't of carried his jock on the field back in the day. Kind of sad the NFL didn't do more for a lot of these guys - but greed is greed and who's better at playing that game than the NFL.

And who of us over the age of ?? can forget Jimmy the Greek. A great color man for football - made one true statement about a certain ethnic group being genetically better constructed than others and therefore often better athletes. Even the spoken of ethnic group backed him up as speaking the truth. Yet that was a career ender for The Greek. And how long ago was that? At least 40 years ago I'd say.

As an added footnote a number of years ago I was on a business call and the guys I was seeing were good ole MN boys/Transplants like me for business. They happen to be good buddies with Ron Yary - 70's HOF as an OT during the Vikings hey days. He happened to be there that day and I had a chance to chat w/him. Kind of a bitter dude these days as he was out schlepping life insurance trying to make a living after football. He didn't make squat back then and was bitter at how much guys were making these days that couldn't of carried his jock on the field back in the day. Kind of sad the NFL didn't do more for a lot of these guys - but greed is greed and who's better at playing that game than the NFL.
Like to mention something along this subject line I have before because it’s relevant about saying stuff; sexual harassment training. For a number of years ran a department that included around a dozen females. Some were married, others single/divorced. We had a nice working environment, guys/gals joked around and sometimes a little gritty making light of our genders. Some liked to flirt; but there were lines that wouldn’t get crossed. Some off work romancing? Yeah, there was. (That’s how my dad met my mother in 1948.) Then came the training sessions I had to attend about harassment.

All the things required to obey to avoid being fired. I asked the instructor if I could say “I like your new outfit.” Nope. “How about saying your new haircut looks great.” Nope. Then I asked as a joke “Can I say ya look like crap today.” The female instructor was NOT amused. It was obvious ALL this was slanted on male, not female behaviors. I said “Let me run this by you; just happened yesterday with a lady in my department as we were discussing a work issue in a humorous light; she told me to eat her shorts. Should I fire her today given our discussion here?”

Tell ya, a few gals could be gritty joking around. One time I was doing a branch training session, 70% of the employees were female. One yelled out “Strip him.” Another time I was writing stuff on the grease board and some giggling was going on while I had my back to them. Later found out it was because my *** wiggled as I was writing some stuff on the huge board. Gave a crap about it.

MO, get beyond this pussy-ant **** trying to make a tense work atmosphere walking on egg-shells. If someone crosses a line saying something that offends them, tell them and ask for an apology if they want one. 99% of people will get it. The 1% of the dipshits (I did have one guy like this) get put on notice to stop or be canned.

Like to mention something along this subject line I have before because it’s relevant about saying stuff; sexual harassment training. For a number of years ran a department that included around a dozen females. Some were married, others single/divorced. We had a nice working environment, guys/gals joked around and sometimes a little gritty making light of our genders. Some liked to flirt; but there were lines that wouldn’t get crossed. Some off work romancing? Yeah, there was. (That’s how my dad met my mother in 1948.) Then came the training sessions I had to attend about harassment.

All the things required to obey to avoid being fired. I asked the instructor if I could say “I like your new outfit.” Nope. “How about saying your new haircut looks great.” Nope. Then I asked as a joke “Can I say ya look like crap today.” The female instructor was NOT amused. It was obvious ALL this was slanted on male, not female behaviors. I said “Let me run this by you; just happened yesterday with a lady in my department as we were discussing a work issue in a humorous light; she told me to eat her shorts. Should I fire her today given our discussion here?”

Tell ya, a few gals could be gritty joking around. One time I was doing a branch training session, 70% of the employees were female. One yelled out “Strip him.” Another time I was writing stuff on the grease board and some giggling was going on while I had my back to them. Later found out it was because my *** wiggled as I was writing some stuff on the huge board. Gave a crap about it.

MO, get beyond this pussy-ant **** trying to make a tense work atmosphere walking on egg-shells. If someone crosses a line saying something that offends them, tell them and ask for an apology if they want one. 99% of people will get it. The 1% of the dipshits (I did have one guy like this) get put on notice to stop or be canned.
We all know or should know by now that this bs is a one way street. Women can get away with virtually anything they want while if a guy even thinks about saying or looking crosswise at a women he's toast. It's so beyond ridiculous that I NEVER played around with it. Not even banter. Something I somehow got a whiff of long, long ago I just made damn sure I stayed far away from anything remotely off color or even stretched to the max could be considered as such. No one was ever going to be able to pin that one on me. Thank God my team in my last 10 hrs or so were almost all female - but they were all like working with a bunch of guys. They were great gals, knew how to get the job done, never pulled any female cards. While we had fun they were all about the team and getting the job done. No BS. All these years later most of them and I still stay in touch and they always want to get together for lunch on a semi-regular basis. We've all gone our separate ways since but they want to keep our little group going. Personally I love that. Means I managed them right and they appreciated me. Then there's the race card. Another one I stayed way far away from. No one was ever going to be able to truthfully say I did or said this or that. If they did they were lying. Never happened and I treated everyone alike. Didn't matter what shade of pale you were. Just get the job done and don't play any games W/me. But that's another one that's a one way street. If you're a white male these days you have a huge target on your back and everyone know's it except the occasional idiot that still thinks it's 1970 - it ain't.

Vikings vs Bills\at least 1 of them would have the win :thumbsup:

Bills hands down, have a real shot
Viking IMO (sorry) not so much

I can relate to teams going thru dry spells

Oakland Raiders Super Bowl  Trophys #1.jpg

As an old Packer fan, sure am dejected by Favre’s volley ball build at S Miss. He’s toasted himself and his legacy and sad to hear his daughter gets dragged into the news. Not one scandal, it’s going on more. What in dee **** was he thinking? He made near $140 million, not including the millions more with sponsorships, and he couldn’t fork over 7 million to build that volleyball center he wanted so badly? So far he’s avoided any charges; but have to wonder if this may change.

As an old Packer fan, sure am dejected by Favre’s volley ball build at S Miss. He’s toasted himself and his legacy and sad to hear his daughter gets dragged into the news. Not one scandal, it’s going on more. What in dee **** was he thinking? He made near $140 million, not including the millions more with sponsorships, and he couldn’t fork over 7 million to build that volleyball center he wanted so badly? So far he’s avoided any charges; but have to wonder if this may change.
Indeed. As an anti-Packer fan - I always liked Favre because of his guts on the field. Willing to leave it all out there every game, every week. I kind of liked his country boy balls to the wall - don't give a **** what anybody thinks attitude. I don't always like that but I did with him. Then he came to the Vikes and gave us one hell of a year - frankly I still say the Saints owe us that
o,bardo trophy for all the bounty gate, cheating etc that won them that NFC game. Sorry but I could give two shits about his successor - nothing I like or admire about him. Good player - yeah. That's all he gets from me.

You're right this whole mess in MS abusing welfare funds and using plenty to get a volleyball ct built - if it's all true - and at this point no reason to believe otherwise - What a sad statement on he and his legacy. People will never forgive him for doing this if it's all true. Millions upon millions plus all the influence he has with people with deep pockets and he has to bet it done under the table doing one of the worse things you could do - screw the poor - I want that court built. For me, for now I'm going to wait til the end when all the facts are out before I toss him into hellfire. But it sure doesn't look good at this point.

Aaron Rodgers Press Conference

Spoken like a Used Car Salesman

"This might bee the best thing for us"

Aaron , did you see the quarterbacks YOU just lost to ?
And honestly , should have been four in a row , that was against a third stringer

meanwhile in the philly area...... sports fans are partying like Charlie Sheen........Eagles unbeaten and Phillies in the World Series......even the Flyers are playing well

Aaron Rodgers Press Conference

Spoken like a Used Car Salesman

"This might bee the best thing for us"

Aaron , did you see the quarterbacks YOU just lost to ?
And honestly , should have been four in a row , that was against a third stringer
You could not imagine the thrill of my morning watching that GB/WA game. Could not have enjoyed watching him tank once again - any more. And you're right - look who he's losing to. WA would get beat by any one of the top 25 NCAA teams. As Chris Collinsworth would say - "Likely The greatest QB of all time".... Hogwash mixed with vomit.......

My wife and and I were going to send him flowers "again" - but we looked at each other and both said - "No honey - he's making $50,000,000 a year - we just can't afford the flowers any longer - it's getting too expensive - and it's time he grows up and learns a lesson - after all that's what participation trophies are for".

Not Having Enough Stress And Frustration In His Life, Man Decides To Start Following Sports

Oct 24, 2022
6356f879617746356f87961775.jpg

VISTA, CA — Local man Alex McCarthy has reported high levels of well-being, with his career trajectory, family life, and leadership in his church and community all on an upward trajectory. Things were going so smoothly that he decided to follow sports to bring some more crippling stress and frustration into his life.

"I was just winning too much, and I knew my life needed the challenge of more losing – so I became a Padres fan," McCarthy admitted he has been surrounded by sports fandom since childhood, but always put his emotional energy into a productive career rather than sports — over which he has no control, but has total investment.

While McCarthy had also been on a long streak of upward momentum in his workout regimen, he reported that he needed "a good old-fashioned vice" to keep from becoming "too ripped" — and sources confirm he went back to drinking hazy IPAs as the brutal losses of his newfound favorite team began to mount.

Sports fans online have defended the camaraderie of talking with each other about wins and losses, ups and downs, and player antics of their favorite teams, and said the net effect is positive.

At publishing time, McCarthy reported that watching sports was too infuriating, and announced that he would take up playing golf instead.

If anyone would have suggested the Vikes would be 8-1 at this point in the season especially after the 2nd game of season embarrassment against the 9-0 Eagles - I would have laughed and asked for a few tokes off your pipe - and I don't even partake. Then if you were to further suggest we'd pull out a heart stopping OT win mid-season against Buffalo in Buffalo - who I consider to be the best in the league with the best QB and defense in the league I would have accused you of mainlining and I'd consider trying it if it was that mind alteringly good. But yet here we are....

The early look at the Vikes schedule seemed not to to bad - but as things progressed all these teams that weren't supposed to be rockin it - are rockin it. And we have them all on our schedule plus some of the usual tough games. I'm not sure the Vikings believed in themselves until today - I can tell you I didn't - at least not upper shelf quality. Well I think we both do now as well as the rest of Viking Nation. I'm not getting ahead of myself because we still have a myriad of tough games to go and anything can still happen - But at mid season I'm pretty happy. If the second half is a repeat of the first half or even fairly close to it I might just have to pick up some Depends for the playoffs if we get there. The weapons are there on both side of the ball. It's still about execution God knows we've been known to execute ourselves...... I don't wish any team (besides the Packers) a bad season - just a bad game when they play the Vikes........ SKOL!!!!

Those Cowboys might be for real this season. I really didn't think so until the beat down of the Vikings today in Minneapolis.

How did Green Bay figure it out against Them Cowboys

Well , I will leave it that

Detroit Lions WOW

We may finally see some good football games on Turkey Day for a change

Auto Transport Service
Back