Vinyl top for a 65 Satellite?

1962 - 1965 Mopars

1. 64SF

64SF FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    3:20 AM
    Does anyone know if they were available in 65 and who may have them for purchase now?

2. 69bfan

69bfan FBBO Vendor FBBO Sponsor

Local Time:
    We had a customer doing a heavily optioned 65 Coronet and it was a factory equipped vinyl top. Check with Acme Headliners out of California. They are basically a manufacture / wholesale operation, but hopefully they will give you some insight. Stock Interiors is a large retailer for them.

If you strike out with Acme, check with SMS. If anyone has it or can do it, it will be SMS. But hope that your in no hurry and the price will not be cheap. But quality and availability is never cheap.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • skicker

skicker Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I bought the vinyl top for both of my cars (70 Satellite/69 Dart) from Dante's.
      My plan was to order the one for my 65 Bel II from him also when the time comes...
      I had an issue with a crooked seam in the first top I got for the Dart...I had a new one in two days without any issues...

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • Fran Blacker

Fran Blacker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Curious why a 66/67 B vinyl wouldn't work, roof size/lines are similar .

• RSZ28

RSZ28 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Roof lines on a 64-65 Belvedere are completely different from 62-63 and 66-67. Rear C pillars are slanted differently. And yes, you could get vinyl roof. Not sure if vinyl roofs used different drip rail moldings that were wider.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • 64SF

64SF FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
          SMS say they have the pattern and sent me a small sample....not sure I like the sample they sent me. If I remember correctly the pattern on the top looked similar to alligator or something like that. They priced the top at $395.00.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.