• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl top quiz. Help ID this top

Grabbergreendream

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
O.k. guys & gals.
I figured I'd throw this up for some of those who may know, or have expierience in this item. It is a green "gator" grain vinyl top. I got it with a huge stash of oddball new, vintage mopar stuff years ago & it is very old(n.o.s.?). I'm unsure if the box is original, or the tag that was detached that was inside the box. The underside only has 1 marking that says "COMPACT".
Its large so its hard to unfold it completely but I took a few photos & measurements in the confines of my living room.
The windshield width on the seams is 38 1/2", the rear window seam width is 38". These are approximate & could be strethed out.
With the bulk of material on the rear sides, I assume its for something that has larger sail panels.
To be honest, I'm not even sure its a mopar part, but would bet it is....
Have fun with this guys, & if someone looking could use it, please let me know.
Thanks,
John
0105191055.jpg
0105191056~2.jpg
0105191056a~2.jpg
0105191102.jpg
0105191103.jpg

It looks like the color is green. I would say that is Green Boar vinyl top. Not sure if its Full top or a Halo top. Nice find.

The Valiant used to be called a 'compact' car, if that is a clue.

Its been a few years since I tried to research info on this & it may be called "Boar grain", thanks for the reply.
The last few pics(with the grain topside), the top is folded in half. I do believe it is a full top.
Also, as a note- it doesn't have any vinyl accross the bottom of the rear window...

The Valiant used to be called a 'compact' car, if that is a clue.
Agree, and thats what I always thaught it was for. Definitely a 2-door, but the huge sail panels lead me to believe it was for a vehicle with an inset rear window(68-70 charger) but with small quarter windows...

Fwiw, I've never been able to dig up any info on the #'s from the tag neither...
Always been at a loss to this top, thats why I still have it, lol!

Auto Transport Service
Back