• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voltage Regulator Green Wire

The Rebel

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get the clip and what it's called.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20230410_074421.jpg
IMG_20230410_074432.jpg

Was hoping someone would have an answer to my question.

Found the name. Called a Spade or Fork Terminal.

Maybe try to reuse one off another old chrysler

Thanks, looking to stay OEM. For the life of me can't seem to find one online..
If you're looking to stay OEM, there are units that resemble the origional not the billious blue unit shown. They are redidly available but sre solid-state yet resemble origional yet provide better control and do not changing sny wiring. Due yourself a favor and ignore #4s comments about anything....
BOB RENTON

Thanks, looking to stay OEM. For the life of me can't seem to find one online..
if you want OEM, the regular spade fork is not the terminal either, nor the regulator LOL.

it would be more like this:
1043.jpg

but with this look for the wire crimp:
FlagTerminal_tn_1200x.jpg

On a quick search I can't find the exactly right one at this moment.

Angled terminals use to be called as "flag" terminals.

The blue regulator is MP piece made for "race purpouse" being a fixed voltage rate as far I recall. Electronic reg version is intended for the same

If you're looking to stay OEM, there are units that resemble the origional not the billious blue unit shown. They are redidly available but sre solid-state yet resemble origional yet provide better control and do not changing sny wiring. Due yourself a favor and ignore #4s comments about anything....
BOB RENTON
Thanks, it's the female connector I'm looking for, just bought an OEM style VR.
"flag" terminals.
Awesome, thank you!

According to the electrical schematic it says R3-18-DGN. What does the R3 mean?

I'm guessing the 18 means 18ga and of course the DGN means Dark Green.

It occurred to me that the R3 might be just used to trace the wire in the schematic, am I correct?

R3 is the Alphanumeric circuit code, based on its importance and starting from the batt.

If you check the batt wire on diagram will be mostly sure A1-10R. Since is the first circuit coming from the power source hence is the A1.

Last edited:
Cannot believe I can't seem to find the OEM style Flag Terminal online:mad:

neither me... I just could find the one I posted on image... similar but not the same.

Maybe some Harness manufacturer like Evans Wiring could have get those? if they do, I don't think for cheap like an electrical supplier could get those.

@Nacho-RT74 glad to see you taking the high road and just ignoring the resident asshole!

He discarded by himself on his own post after I kept providing the info/help the OP needs being usefull...

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I reached out to Dave Wise at MMC. If all else fails I'll make one.

Heard back from MMC they couldn't find anyone who makes this part, so looks like I'll make one myself.

Anyone have pics or info from their other books on this part?

just get the one I posted on the image and call it done!! several on the web... sure most of them on big bulks. the only noticeable diff will be the crimpping area shape

Amazon product ASIN B00NV9FDAO
Amazon product ASIN B011OB8GKY
Non-Insulated, Specialty Flag Spades

14/16 Gauge x #10 Flag Spade Terminal - The Brillman Company

Spade/Flag Terminal - Stud Size 8-10mm - 16-14g - YnZ's Online Store

I THINK this could be the closer one ?:

42188-1 : Spade Terminals

here a factory assembly still with the stock terminal:
c2da6691-219d-5330-a7e4-32a119e62b63.jpg

Well, I'm happy to report that I reached out to a few wiring harness companies to see what / if any info they had, and it's confirmed that NO ONE makes the OEM style Flag Fork Terminal.

I had reached out to Tommy White @ Parts Hound | Mopar Muscle Car Parts | Ebay Vintage Car Parts and while they do not have the OEM style they have the same one that Nacho-RT74 suggested. I ordered 3 of them and they're shipping tomorrow. Great guy & service!

20230416_105223.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back