• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walmart Replaces Smiley Face That Rolls Back Prices With Frowny Face That Rolls Prices Forward

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Dec 9, 2023

Article Image

BENTONVILLE, AR — Executives from mega-retailer Walmart announced today they will replace their iconic smiley face that rolls back prices with a frowny face that travels around the store rolling prices forward.

"With inflation so high, we just don't have much use for Smiley, the ubiquitous price rollback logo," Walmart Marketing VP Duncan Jones told reporters. "Times have changed; we're now introducing a sad face named 'Frowny' we'll use to alert people when product prices increase. It helps communicate to customers that we are also sad about prices going up.

Frowny is set to hit stores at the beginning of the year 2024. The large yellow sad face signs will initially be affixed to common household goods like eggs and milk to help ease the blow of further expected price hikes. Walmart also plans to shoot a series of new commercials showing Frowny forlornly bouncing around the store as he doubles prices.

"I'll sure miss that happy face," said Walmart customer Dale Rumkis of Hixson, TN. "I loved how he dressed as Zorro and slashed prices. What a cool guy. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of Frowny. It's a sad day."

That was good Mark!!
Higher prices, smaller packaging and a guy that helped get it there, is also the same guy that convinces people when prices drop a nickel, we're on a roll and saving money. I hope a slice of bologna goes to 8 bucks! That's the only way we'll get back in office, by choking the **** out of those that shop at Walmart who voted for this ****. Some people only get it when the front touches the back.......... Who needs weight watchers, we got Biden.

This wasn't needed. The "I did that!!" stickers were doing the job.

Thanks Obama.

Auto Transport Service
Back