Want to sell my car, but...

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
There is no trunk lip stamp on a 71. They are located on the cowl just above the wiper motor normally under the weather strip and the rad support normally facing the radiator.

That's a good looking R/T and all the correct parts are there and I agree with #41 be honest and you wont have any trouble selling it..

1967coronet

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
If your dead set on selling it , finish it.
Disclose any #s that do not match up.
Hang a price on it higher than you want and advertise it.
I just say finish it since it appears close,
Your going to need the trans installed for test drives and or transport.
Also do a search on the [ other vin numbers] you uncover , hell you never know the real body shell ID may be better.

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I plan on getting it back together prior to selling. I have no ambition to paint it or do the interior. If I was going to keep it, I would but that is a lot of time and money that I could use on other things.

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Would 25k be above and beyond ?

The transmission is back in, I just need to make a few adjustments. Then I can put the exhaust back on.

Last edited:

chargervert

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
The stamped body Vin numbers on a 71 Charger are only on the top of the cowl on the plate above the wiper motor, under the rubber weather strip closer to the drivers side,and on the radiator support. The radiator support stampings are on the back side of the radiator support towards the engine. I have seen them stamped in two places,some are stamped on the drivers side of the radiator support and some are stamped in the center on the back side of the radiator support. I think it might depend upon which plant built the car,where it is stamped. There are no other stamped Vin numbers on 71 Chargers, nothing in the trunk jamb like the 68 to 70 cars were stamped.