• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanting to buy 71 or 72 B-Body

I just got the car paid for ... hopefully will have it in my possession early next week. I will post a video and pix.

Ok finally got it! Will post pics, but I have an urgent question first. The hood release cable is broken, but thats not my problem. The hood should latch shut regardless of the cable. The mechanism is jammed the wrong direction and wont lock the hood. Any advice?

It could be the hood latch cable is froze in the "unlock" position and not letting the hood latch? That is what happened on my 71 Satellite. Removed the cable completely from the hood latch, put some graphite lube on the latch mech and it works fine now.

Thank you - hood now works. Could someone post a pic of their RR heater blower so I know where it is?

Attachments

• RR.jpg
    RR.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 223
if i am not mistaken it is here (outlined in red).. Mine didn't have one, but the guy installed before i picked it up.
Sat13-1.gif

- - - Updated - - -

front end pic is dark...does it still have the illusive 72 RR grill inserts?

If you mean the little RoadRunner standup decal that sits in the grill - yes. I will post more pix.

Is the heater box under the dash? Have to pull the box to get to the blower on non-a/c cars.

See the black box below the grove box. Thats the heater box. About 2.5' long and takes up the whole pass side of the under dash.
There is also a vent box on the drivers side by the EM brake.

Attachments

• DCP_8099.jpg
    DCP_8099.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 203
Things to check before removing the box.
Fuse
blower switch
blower resistor mounted on the upper left of the heater box.
Wiring and connections

I just put in a new fuse which rules that out.
If by switch you mean the controls to turn it on, it looks fine.

How much oil does a 400 hold?! Ive put 8 qts in and its not even showing on the stick at all!!

Zextrot - bad connection / ground is 100000000x more likely, so if i were you, i'd get a multimeter or test light and check every connection and switch before pulling the blower assembly.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you have a monster oil pan, i think they only take 5 qts including the filter. 8 is way too much, you may have the wrong dip stick.

The stick is really long and appears to be the original stick. My stepdad suggested it might have a performance oil pan, but the pan is blue like the motor and appears to be original.

How bout posting a pic of the pan and a pic / measurement of the stick?

Auto Transport Service
Back