• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning for pet owners!

Sounds like they’ll heal up ok! I certainly hope that’s the case!!

gotta love those crazy pups!

We're all stewards to our chosen pets...responsible for their well being and what they are exposed to.
It's a big responsibility for sure - and our household right now is full of "never again" after Sasha's passing,
of course - but you know what?
It still hurts like hell just passing the doggie goody aisle at the store, man....

I knew of a dude that swore he'd never get another dog after having to let a special pet go.
Within weeks, he had another. The pain of a loss is sometimes only softened by the wish to save another.

I'm both a dog and a cat lover. Over the years I've observed when one of them gets injured bad enough for a vet visit and maybe the cone of shame, spending that extra time nurturing and babying them while they recover can be particularly bonding. They seem to know they got hurt, and that you're there looking out for them. The loyalty/obedience factor always some to jump up a notch after recovering from events like these. Also, while convalescing, they become extra cuddly and receptive to care - so its a win-win situation.

I rarely agree with you, DR but I thank you for this response. I do appreciate the kind words. Thank you again.
You know sir, politics is the thing we disagree on. Politics is a small part of life in the big picture. As much as you would like to think I base everything on politics, that is not the case at all. Life is too short to go around with a chip on the shoulder. I truly don’t think about the whole situation until I read, some of the things I see on here. I don’t get upset, hurt feelings, I just write what I think. I take life very easy, don’t worry, do what I’ve loved my whole life and have a great family. If people would just start working together and stop the division (politicians and people) we’d all be better off. Take care and truly, I hope your pups will heal fast and well.

Sorry to hear about your pups Kern.! When you were here picking up jagged truck bed parts? Remember my dog Toby.
He just went in for a growth removal operation.
He was running around the bumping into everything with his cone of shame. It’s off now and he is back to 100%
Your dogs look pretty healthy.
Hope they get better soon.!!!

B0FBA4F2-30D8-4948-8E58-537EC003BA7A.jpeg

Dynamo is the other one...

View attachment 1498535

She got a few small cuts but broke her right front leg! So sad.
They will recover but I always feel bad for injured pets. I keep the yard clear of fallen branches, high grass, all the yard tools are neatly stowed too. This one area I stashed some scraps for quick disposal, then got busy with the home repairs, then I fell....By tomorrow, there should be no more sharp hazards.
aww .... who loves daddy?
Great pic!

I knew of a dude that swore he'd never get another dog after having to let a special pet go.
Within weeks, he had another. The pain of a loss is sometimes only softened by the wish to save another.
After I had take take my black lab for her last ride, I said after, I was done. I made it about a year. Well, we know that didn’t work out like I thought!
:lol:
IMG_9511.jpeg

Pets are definitely like family you gotta love them and take care of them, hope they heal up fast. If any of you guys have a dog and live on a highway or blacktop keep it off the road, a buddy of mine laid his motorcycle down after hitting a dog at 60 mph. Thank god it didn't kill him, killed the dog. That was the second dog that took a motorcycle down off that acreage.

That's always been the case in the past with all our strays - but I ain't going looking for another this time.
Big difference. If it's meant to be, it will have to present itself this time.

That's always been the case in the past with all our strays - but I ain't going looking for another this time.
Big difference. If it's meant to be, it will have to present itself this time.
Ed that pup might just walk right up to the house or you will see it when your driving Fred. Hang in there my friend. If its meant to be it will happen.

Greg,
You thought working on my birthday was bad, man, I'm sorry!! Your lucky, your odds were double the outcome was not going to come out good, but, all is going to be well, a true blessing.

I read everyone of these replies and all are heart felt. Dogs bring out the best in all of us. The things we do for our four legged friends is absolutely crazy. A guy kills a guy and we say, that sucks. He hurts an animal and his *** is going to jail or get pounded into the ground. Our dogs are the only thing in our house that will starve to death with food on the table they can't reach. They rely on us and only us and all they ask for is love, pretty fair trade. All of us guys can be rough around the edges, but, we can all agree on this , don't screw with my dog, I will hurt you!!................ You've had more than you turn lately, and it's someone else's turn in the barrel. If I could, I would, Godspeed.

Ed that pup might just walk right up to the house or you will see it when your driving Fred. Hang in there my friend. If its meant to be it will happen.
Yessir, thank you. They have several times wandered up the ridge from the highway down below...
No doubt someone threw them out of a car in the middle of the night to get rid of them and they made
their way here.
People can be real ******** to their pets. Some shouldn't have any.

Tore up pooches AND the size of that vet bill? Here’s to wishing this is the last of the heartache for you Kern.
1690130103268.jpeg

Thank the Lord for the Pet insurance we have.
The dogs are doing better today. Pebbles walks fine, it's just her ears that are sensitive. Here is an old picture.

PB 23.JPG

Dynamo is adapting well to the leg splint but keeps trying to jump up on the couch like usual....They are so resilient!

IMG_1386.JPG

Thank the Lord for the Pet insurance we have.
The dogs are doing better today. Pebbles walks fine, it's just her ears that are sensitive. Here is an old picture.

View attachment 1498729

Dynamo is adapting well to the leg splint but keeps trying to jump up on the couch like usual....They are so resilient!

View attachment 1498730
They are tough as nails! Good looking pup.

Poor pooches, hope they all heal quickly...

good thing you had insurance

some good commons sense,
not keeping that stuff where the dogs (kids)
could get into it or wild **** hides in it

especially sharp stuff, you could get hurt too

not to speak of stuff like snakes
we had a crapload of rattlesnakes in Rancho Murieta
under/around rocks or firewood stored,
**** in the shade on the ground
lots of deer turkeys opossum squirrels porcupines ducks geese coons :blah:
they are harmless for the most part (some can/could be rabid)
or pack rats in rural settings too
just better to be safe

Last edited:
I cleared some out already but am waiting for it to cool down more before I move the rest. We have the dogs separated so they don't bump into each other and make their wounds worse. We are also accompanying them in the yard to keep them out of that area.

Auto Transport Service
Back