• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning **** Warning*** Jegs windage tray Warning***

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
I have been slowly getting the engine in the Charger back together after swapping in a bigger camshaft. One of the changes I had planned was to upgrade to a 6 quart oil pan and the new plastic "gasketless" windage tray from Jegs. This looks like a great part. It is one piece and has two thin rubber sealing ribs similar to what you'll see on those plastic 904 and 727 transmission pan gaskets from Mopar.
About a month and a half ago, I ordered one of the Jegs windage trays, making sure to ask for the one to accomodate the 4.15 stroke. Something went wrong though and saturday when I went to install it, the dished center hit the rod caps. The dish is a little shallower than the steel windage tray i pulled out and the dish also seems to be offset to the right, making it hit the rod caps on the left side.
I called Jegs today and was blown away at how great they were about it. They were apologetic and very helpful. I told them that I lost the receipt. They were okay with that. I told them that I tried trimming the tray to clear the Milodon oil pickup. They said that while they normally do not accept modified parts for returns/refunds, since the one I got was put in the wrong box, they'd be okay with it.

Just a warning. The Jegs tray for 4.15 stroke apps is now delayed until Oct 13. Maybe they found that they had several MISmarked ones out there and had to set it all straight before selling more?
Either way, CONGRATS to Jegs for some great customer service. I WILL buy from them again.

Great to hear of a good out come. I have been dealing with them since 1972 and they always treat me right. Great customer service.

when i first started reading your thread i thought you were gonna slam jegs.glad to hear you had the same experience i did,there cust service is fantastic.

sorry to hear you have to wait that long, Jegs has always seemed to be pretty good about parts issues.... but that's up & above the norm, especially if you already modified it... nice to know

I bought one for 3.75 stroke but haven't installed yet, hope it's ok.
I also bought a 6 quart pan for my car and filled the recesses in the pan rail because the windage tray is for "smooth rail pans only", will be installing next week hopefully.

Just yesterday I received an order from Jegs for a cap and rotor part # 312-P4529791 but it came with just the cap, no rotor.
So I called them and asked where is my rotor, they told me that part # was just the cap only. I directed them to the page on there website and it says cap and rotor, so after speaking to a supervisor he said it is only the cap and the page on the website is misleading so he is sending me a rotor for free, should be here today.

Have bought from Jegs many times and will continue to do so........ super fast shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back