• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weatherstripping around 2 door HT?

sloinker

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the process of piecing this car back together after taking it apart more than 15 years ago. I have new roof rail weatherstrip and foam strip but haven't purchased the body mounted weatherstrip/windlace or anything else. I do have the old whiskers and maybe the original weatherstrip packed away somewhere. I haven't found it yet but I"m pretty sure I have it.I am trying to remember where the roof rail weatherstrip ends, and what in the way of weatherstripping is around the wing/vent window if anything. Can somrone provide these answers and possibly a picture? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks Wes

I'm in the process of piecing this car back together after taking it apart more than 15 years ago. I have new roof rail weatherstrip and foam strip but haven't purchased the body mounted weatherstrip/windlace or anything else. I do have the old whiskers and maybe the original weatherstrip packed away somewhere. I haven't found it yet but I"m pretty sure I have it.I am trying to remember where the roof rail weatherstrip ends, and what in the way of weatherstripping is around the wing/vent window if anything. Can somrone provide these answers and possibly a picture? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks Wes
Wes, Do you have a FSM? usually the seals are detailed, somewhat.
Mike

I was looking at a link that had a post car, may have fat fingered it. Cell phone with shoddy reception at work. I will look again from my home pc later tonight.

Mines a '64....but that link is incredible!

facepalm.gif
Don't know why I was thinking you had a '62 ? Carry on

Be aware...roof rail weatherstripping can be installed with the left in the right side and vice versa. The door will be very hard to close if it is not on the correct side... Also the metal channel it goes into can be moved side to side , and if you don't get it right, the side window will not seat against the weatherstrip when it is rolled up. ..............................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back