• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

welding mask

Check out the Lincoln Viking helmets. Huge viewing glass. Very comfortable I have one that is a few years old and it has been perfect.
Screenshot_20210911-103800_Chrome.jpg

I weld it seems each week. We buy Forney helmets about one per year.
Keep them clean and in a bag or box when not in use.

I make a good part of my living welding.
Been using the higher end Optrels for last 20 years.
Have a 3M that's also good.
https://store.cyberweld.com/optrel-panoramaxx-welding-helmet-1010-201.html
My last Optrel is pretty well used up, just ordered one linked above.
Dave
I love my Optrel. I upgraded from my Vega View to the E684. I had used a Miller Elite in the past but since I've gotten older, I need more light to see the weld pool so I don't kill it. The Miller blocked too much of the light coming through, not just a function of the shade settings. I was having issues when tigging stainless and not cooking the material. At the class I was taking, the fellow students and the substitute instructor had other brands to check out. The Lincoln wasn't any better from one student but the old Speedglass from the instructor was better. I found out about the Optrel unit in my Weld Use literature. I highly recommend them.

Hobart for me and it's a great helmet. I don't support Amazon, I buy local either from a welding supplier or go to a TSC or Rural King. They need the business more than Amazon.

the welding supply company only have the high end ones, I think they have miller . '
and they were running like over 500. going to call and see what they have to offer. summer work I barely weld but this winter more resto work so want to get a better one the one I have keeps dying .
its 80 dollar one I had from way back , so want something better .so far there a few places that sell Hobart. might drive over and see the fit .

talked to my welding supply and he has the miller classic series . fro 129 Canadian delivered
there actually way cheaper than amazon , so im glad to keep the money local
and there good guys , getting it Friday . Cant wait for my new toy
its gotta 3 year warranty also.

Get ahold of some extra outer lens shields and batteries. That way you'll be set for quick replacements. I keep the batteries in old pill containers. All of my replacement pieces, tungstens, collets, welpers, gloves, jacket, helmet etc are in my welding back pack.

Great helmet and light as well , much better than I expected and work fantastic. and from my welding supplier. the Miller mig I bought was way cheaper and also the helmet . so very happy to keep the business local .thank for the input guys

Auto Transport Service
Back