• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went To My Kidney Doctor Today…… Not Good News.

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I don’t talk about my health here (or actually anywhere) besides my own home and work sometimes, but I been having medical issues with my kidney and liver my whole life since I was born 23 years ago. This time is a little bit different. There’s a long story behind all this but I don’t know all the exact details because I was only 3 years old at the time. All I know is that I got my current kidney from my 65 year old biological father back 20 years ago in 2003 because I was born premature. However now after 20 years later that kidney unfortunately took a turn for the worst and is failing, and failing to the point where I need dialysis. I most likely have a living donor already, BUT I’m wondering if that person does not come through if anyone else here would be willing to help me out and possibly donate. I’m blood type A positive. I know it’s a long shot but I figured I would at least try.

Thanks for your time.

-Eric (66ChargerHI-PO)

Don't be shy to attempt any avenue whatsoever. My thoughts and best wishes for you, keep a positive outlook, all will turn out good for you. ( I'm not your blood type also )

Hi Everyone,

I don’t talk about my health here (or actually anywhere) besides my own home and work sometimes, but I been having medical issues with my kidney and liver my whole life since I was born 23 years ago. This time is a little bit different. There’s a long story behind all this but I don’t know all the exact details because I was only 3 years old at the time. All I know is that I got my current kidney from my 65 year old biological father back 20 years ago in 2003 because I was born premature. However now after 20 years later that kidney unfortunately took a turn for the worst and is failing, and failing to the point where I need dialysis. I most likely have a living donor already, BUT I’m wondering if that person does not come through if anyone else here would be willing to help me out and possibly donate. I’m blood type A positive. I know it’s a long shot but I figured I would at least try.

Thanks for your time.

-Eric (66ChargerHI-PO)
I hope you find one in time to keep your health. :thumbsup:

PS.....if mine did match, I suspect shipping would be a killer.

Prayers up for you, Eric. As you probably know, kidney issues run deep in my dad's side of the family.
Cancer in that organ killed my uncle and contributed to my dad's demise; it also damn near had me
dead as well (within a week of it - a tumor the size of a grapefruit removed, along with the upper left kidney).
My little brother, born premie like you, had issues all his young life also and wound up dying from
complications of his own transplant.
I plod along with the equivalent of 3/4 of one kidney now and they watch it like a hawk...
at my age and complications from other cancers, I am not ever to be a transplant candidate.

What I'm saying is - I feel you, big time and I wish you all the blessings.
Whatever you do, DON'T SURRENDER. Fight like hell, man! :thumbsup:

My thoughts and prayers are with you young man! I truly hope all goes well and I feel you’ll find a donor. There are great people and I’ve actually known two who donated to strangers. Keep the faith sir and again, my prayers are with you. Take care!

Oh no… this sucks!
I know the anxiety you must feel. I went through something similar 6 years ago and I made it. You will too.

With all the kidney stuff I've had in the last month I feel for you. So far mine seem salvageable. Good luck man!

Reading your post, i was in to see my primary care doctor, this afternoon, at the VA.
Been telling me for the past visits, when i see that doc, my kidney function is "slowing down" whatever that means in the medical world.
But he says don't loose any sleep over it at your age. (70)
Another issue with the kidneys is a medication that i hafta take on a daily basis, keeping me going, that affects the kidneys.
One thing does something good for you, but has an affect on something else.
I feel for you with your condition, that your talking about.
Take care, the best you can.

I see your Connecticut.
I was Waterbury, the arm pit of the state, from 1953-73 when i went in the Air Force.

I also have your blood type of A-Pos, but i also have a bone marrow, white blood cell, mutation, cancer, disease, (whatever you want to call it) that doesn't allow me to be a blood donor, and as far as i know, that type of organ donor, (kidney) when i conk out.
For me it's not curable, but live able, with the medication that i hafta take every day, for the rest of my life.
That's the strong pill that has the affect on the kidneys.

Last edited:
It will work out, it's a big world, with a lot of people.

Another issue with the kidneys is a medication that i hafta take on a daily basis, keeping me going, that affects the kidneys.
One thing does something good for you, but has an affect on something else.
gods honest truth.jpg
The juggling act that has become my daily medicines as a result of all the missing parts and maladies is one that
ultimately I'm the expert on, moreso than even my primary care doc...
I loathe the fact I have to use one of those pill organizers now because of all the different pills...
But quite proud to say none of them are painkillers - come to find out, ugly DOES hurt.
I can confirm that. :)

View attachment 1515041
The juggling act that has become my daily medicines as a result of all the missing parts and maladies is one that
ultimately I'm the expert on, moreso than even my primary care doc...
I loathe the fact I have to use one of those pill organizers now because of all the different pills...
But quite proud to say none of them are painkillers - come to find out, ugly DOES hurt.
I can confirm that. :)
I use one of those pill organizer thingies here in my home, too.
Handy thing to have.
Gotta take a bunch of pills in the morning, when i get up, another around noon hour, and a few more at 5:00 late afternoon.
But now so used to taking medications, in my old age, it's now second nature.

Eric hope everything goes well. You wouldn't want my kidney they were abused for 45 years.

That's sad & unfortunate...

I hope you find a donor...

Best wishes & good health be upon you...

Prayers for you and I hope your kidney search is a fast one.

Auto Transport Service
Back