• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

were have the B intakes gone

i agree that ole 60 over 383 with 906's and DP intake have been very good to me but after 40 years i want to try something different. i don't have a problem with the old intakes it's what people think there worth that i have the problem with 400 hundred dollars for a used intake that needs cleaned and more than likely a helicoil or two when you can buy new for 500

OP, I repeat, a DP4B is awfully hard to beat and fits under the stock hood.
I stuck one of these on my 69 charger and I agree. The only part I didn't like was I had to fab a different brace for my factory AC compressor. But otherwise, this intake with a 750cfm eddy and a good ignition has me talked out of a cam swap for now. It livened things up quite a bit.

Look at the dyno results between a DP4B , a Performer , and a Weiand Action Plus
Apples to Apples to Apples

Then throw the Performer RPM into the mix

Apples to Oranges

are they not all dual planes? the difference being the orange is the newest design

i am looking to replace a older edelbrock dual plane on a 383 with a low rise single plane intake, has to fit under the hood of a 65 plymouth. i have no luck in finding anything new in stock for the next 6 months or if ever, i have found a couple holly dominaters that had a hard life on fb but they are sold very quickly and they were 300-360. i have found a nice edelbrock streetmaster that to my eye looks like a holly, but after researching i can't find one good thing about the streetmaster . can anyone that know's first hand why such a bad reputation or is it just typical internet repeat that someone read. and i am not spending 550 dollars on a rpm

give me a "Private Conversation message" i got what you need bill

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks but i've already bought a edelbrock rpm

If you don't want a dual plane, an old TM6 is really good too. Fits under the stock hood.

383 Torker is a great mani, fits anything and they sell pretty cheap.

Auto Transport Service
Back