• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s Everyone Doing with Stock Portfolios?

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Theres a lot of blood in the street regarding financial losses due to this viral outbreak. Many of the experts are saying to hold on and weather the storm. What do you guys think - have you held your positions or bit the bullet and sold for safer pastures? I’ve always been a hold guy but admit this time it feels different.... What are you all doing?

I'm resisting the urge to even check! I guess I'll check on my account when the dust settles.
Mike

Holding for now, will be buying once volitivity settles. Fortunately, I wasn't over exposed in equities so my losses were minimized. 440'

Doing a sell is a recipe for disaster, according to the pro's. Only 31 people passed due to Covid-19 in the US as of today, 3/12/20. The flu takes out more.

I hope everyone will realize they're overreacting when it's over. Yes, it is highly contagious, and fast moving, and lots of folks will get it. Then many will have antibodies to the virus and it will be over.

I always check end of the month.. I think it's going to be ugly.. Correction: I know it will be ugly... . We don't use it as income. Holding, and will ride it out, hoping for the best. You know, if the CDC checked this site we would all be better off. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm waiting. It's dropped A LOT the past few weeks. It'll drop more over the next few weeks/ months. Just gotta wait it out for it to come back up.

Wish I had money to be buying stocks right now.

5779.jpeg

My crystal ball says the Dow Jones Industrials will bottom out somewhere just above 19,000...no later than Wednesday of next week. I am pouring in a bunch somewhere south of 20,000.

The recovery/rebound needs to be steep and then stable by election time.

I only wish 25K was all I was down right now. But yes, I hope it comes back soon and strong also. But I tend to think it will take longer to recover, maybe all year?
I think he meant the Dow at 25k - I agree tho I believe this is going to take several years to recover from. I read today that most of these events recover I 15 months - I think this is different. I’m saying years......

Auto Transport Service
Back