• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the best hemi swap motor mounts

Moparstyle

Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Just picked up a 5.7 for my 66 coronet and wanted some oppinions on motormounts im going to run my 727 trans still thanks for any info

Schumacher Creative Services. Mike or Mary will have what you need. Or if you like to shop around TTi has mounts to do the swap to late model engines too.

Schumacher Creative Services. Mike or Mary will have what you need. Or if you like to shop around TTi has mounts to do the swap to late model engines too.

X2

I currently have Schumacher on my 70 Superbee

I checked out Schumacher and the mounts are all out of stock

Mancini racing has what looks like the same mounts i can wait for the Schumacher to come off backorder if they are better

I think you need to make some choices first.
Truck or car timing cover?
A/C or not?
Headers or manifolds?
Power Steering or standard?

This all effects the mounts clearance. Some mounts clear one thing and some clear others.

A/C or not?
Headers or manifolds?

This all effects the mounts clearance. Some mounts clear one thing and some clear others.
Car timing cover no ac headers standard steering

I used TTI mounts, truck engine, power steering, headers, ac, factory k frame, not a single issue with the engine mounts. Buuuttt, a car accessory drive, I can see potential issues.

A/C or not?
Headers or manifolds?

Truck timing covers put the alternator on the top passenger like the vintage car, a/c compressor is top driver like vintage and power steering is side mount on driver like the vintage car. Someone else needs to describe the car covers because some mounts make you modify the k-frame and headers. Truck also make you flip the water necks on the radiator.
My choice was more complicated than yours. B-Body, A/C, PS and Exhaust Manifolds. My choice was TTI and everything cleared. If memory hasn't dumped on me I think my locking insulators came from Mancini.

I have a printout of a Direct Connection Swap Flier that I am searching for a link for that is a great first step. Maybe someone can beat me to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back