• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s wrong with people ?????

Guess I will be the odd one out (along with dadsbee) here but as I see it, that dude had a job to do and he did it while leaving room for truck to get out. I guess that outrage is that the operator put a cone on the truck and put the boom over the top nether of which seem all that risky to the vehicle. Now if the boom had collapsed and damaged the vehicle then fine, something to botch about.

Perhaps another way to look at it, if it was you that was tasked to do that job and you have no idea whose truck is there and you know you are not going to hurt it do you A. go walk around and ask everyone you see "whose white ford truck is parked in front of the building which is going to take time and most likely end up in frustration or B. just get on with it and do what you have to knowing you are not going to hurt the vehicle?

I am sure there is more to this story than originally posted and perhaps the operator was just a lazy A hole who could not wait 10 minutes or maybe there was a sign at the front of the building say "dont park here", I/we don't know but this seems like on its face to be not a big deal.

Guess I will be the odd one out (along with dadsbee) here but as I see it, that dude had a job to do and he did it while leaving room for truck to get out. I guess that outrage is that the operator put a cone on the truck and put the boom over the top nether of which seem all that risky to the vehicle. Now if the boom had collapsed and damaged the vehicle then fine, something to botch about.

Perhaps another way to look at it, if it was you that was tasked to do that job and you have no idea whose truck is there and you know you are not going to hurt it do you A. go walk around and ask everyone you see "whose white ford truck is parked in front of the building which is going to take time and most likely end up in frustration or B. just get on with it and do what you have to knowing you are not going to hurt the vehicle?

I am sure there is more to this story than originally posted and perhaps the operator was just a lazy A hole who could not wait 10 minutes or maybe there was a sign at the front of the building say "dont park here", I/we don't know but this seems like on its face to be not a big deal.
All those are good points when it’s not your vehicle. Just saying.

Devils' Advocate:
Were you by chance parked directly in front of the main entrance to the building?
You know, as in the one all the trades would have been using to get their stuff in there?

No , this dummy came all the way around the building, I’m the project manager on this job, been parking there since the parking lot was paved. Two months ago. Like I said he’s a dumb ***. Any way no harm no foul, just wanted you guys to see the types of people I have to work around.Different generation now.

Man had a job to do, at least he didn't block you in ! ... or use it to move the truck! LOL
My son used one that was a 140 footer, reaching over an empty truck at 10 feet is not a thing compared to a 140 over people, places and things on a tight work site. I guess he had a job to do and you parked in the wrong place, just another way to look at it!! LOL.

I’m sure OSHA would like to see that picture and have the operators name. Maybe his supervisor would as well.

Turn it off on them ! Pull the key out and toss it up to them and then leave. They will think twice next time
The JLG lifts at work had controls in the bucket....not sure if it had an over ride though. Somehow I managed to never have to use one lol

Not sure the issue. You can get out and he can continue to do his job. Seems like you're being petty and selfish to me.

I said no harm no foul, what’s petty or selfish about that. I never mentioned anything about being pissed off, which I had all the right to be, how did I end up being the bad guy here ? Just showing you guys the type of people I work with. Like I said in the OP he’s a dumb *** and that’s my opinion only. Glad to see some of you guys don’t car about your personal belongings.

Never park in an active job site. Walking is good exercise.

Well it wasn't like it was a Ram PU or anything... just saying.. :rofl: just kidding, I admit that I "get it" and if it was me I probably wouldn't have been too pleased either. I think the point being here is that the guy/kid/whatever didn't even attempt to get the truck moved before putting a beam over the top of it but rather just said "F it" and went about his business.

While no harm was done there was the potential for it and I get that. Much like when people part right next to you (as in less than 8") in a parking lot where there is ample parking available. No call for it yet they do it.

Most likely a non-union worksite.

I bet one guy would get pissed that the operator did that without asking and the next would get pissed off if they asked.

Well it wasn't like it was a Ram PU or anything... just saying.. :rofl: just kidding, I admit that I "get it" and if it was me I probably wouldn't have been too pleased either. I think the point being here is that the guy/kid/whatever didn't even attempt to get the truck moved before putting a beam over the top of it but rather just said "F it" and went about his business.

While no harm was done there was the potential for it and I get that. Much like when people part right next to you (as in less than 8") in a parking lot where there is ample parking available. No call for it yet they do it.
Yep, glad it wasn’t my Ram and was only my work truck.
F642D347-9330-43F3-8646-0740D38EBDB4.jpeg

I said no harm no foul, what’s petty or selfish about that. I never mentioned anything about being pissed off, which I had all the right to be, how did I end up being the bad guy here ? Just showing you guys the type of people I work with. Like I said in the OP he’s a dumb *** and that’s my opinion only. Glad to see some of you guys don’t car about your personal belongings.
You'll always have a few in the crowd:rolleyes:.

If it were me I would have walked out, took a look and said WTF then went about my merry way. Reading your post.. that appears to be what you did. I always look at it from the others perspective, would I do that.. hell no I wouldn't!

You have to do that stuff constantly on commercial sites. If you waited everytime someone was in your way, you'd never get the damn thing built. Especially towards the end when they're bringing in furniture and and you're still trying to build it.

Never park in an active job site. Walking is good exercise.
Agree. I can't remember the last time I was on-site and anyone was allowed to leave their vehicles up at the building.
Temporary drop-off of materials only - and you didn't leave the vehicle.
Drop your shiyat, then get out the way of others.

No , this dummy came all the way around the building, I’m the project manager on this job, been parking there since the parking lot was paved. Two months ago. Like I said he’s a dumb ***. Any way no harm no foul, just wanted you guys to see the types of people I have to work around.Different generation now.
Since you are/were the project manager you knew damn well what would be happening that day and shouldn't have parked there.
You have only yourself to bitch at.

Damn guys, I’m not bitching !!! I was loading and off loading my truck. 70,000 s/f 2 story building. The job is complete and we were cleaning off excess material. Geeeee like I said what a dumb ***. Everyone has to get there work done, I understand that I’m 60 year’s old and been in construction all my life. If you look at the pictures in the OP the superintendents truck is in front of mine and when he stretched over his truck he was run off the job site. Not a smart move on his part.

Yeah gas have the controls in bucket if I remember correctly , been awhile. Battery’s I’ve used lately had the main control on the bottom, then the rest on basket.

Auto Transport Service
Back