• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a .004 red light looks like

RacerAL

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I raced at the Loose Rocker bottom bulb race this past weekend at KilKare raceway in Xenia Ohio. This race was littered with a field of most of the best no box racers in the area. It paid 5k to win Friday...10k Saturday...and another 5k for Sunday. This video is from my time run Sunday morning, its a .004 red. I pushed the tree all weekend ...if you were .020 or worse you were in the way. I didnt do as well as I hoped but it was a good experience.

Wow that's quick what's your 1/4 times?and speed

That looked like a perfect light to me, tree was late in my opinion.

Oh how familiar. My last 5 events. 3rd rd's -.006, -.012, -.002, -.012, -.001
Doug

Doug
brings back memories, ours was red and white. the best ones are when we got it to hook up,(rare back then), and it set the front wheels down when I pulled 2nd. gear.

Bull$hit. that tree was way early.

nice run!

Last edited:
Makes .05 green look good
Yea I guess it does, but .05 green at that race wasn't going to win any rounds. I would rather be .004 red and lose then be .05 green and lose because I was late. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Everyone has there own theory. I've been ok successful doing it my way ..your results may vary.

I raced at the Loose Rocker bottom bulb race this past weekend at KilKare raceway in Xenia Ohio. This race was littered with a field of most of the best no box racers in the area. It paid 5k to win Friday...10k Saturday...and another 5k for Sunday. This video is from my time run Sunday morning, its a .004 red. I pushed the tree all weekend ...if you were .020 or worse you were in the way. I didnt do as well as I hoped but it was a good experience.

Sure brings back a memory of 2 weeks in 1988. I went to a big money bracket race in Michigan. On the way stopped at a little track in Indiana on Friday night. The place was filled with many of the most noted bracket guys in the country. I managed to win the race & $1,000 dollars that night. On to Michigan 20 G to win, the track filled by folks from all over the country, lost first day by .002 red light, second day by .001, went to Iowa the next week lost by .002 red light, lost second race by .002. I was a foot brake guy against many of the electronic guys. That's racing!!

I agree, one 1" to deep and you're red, I used to deep stage where legal to ensure I was staged closer to the same spot without the risk of redlight due to a shallow stage.

Al, I heard through the grapevine that you were much more succesful this weekend at Milan, congrats.
Doug

Al, I heard through the grapevine that you were much more succesful this weekend at Milan, congrats.
Doug
LOL...yes I was Doug. I sure wish I could have made the trip to Clay City, but I made the best of it at Milan. Got down to the semi's before I went red..lmao. This is my time slip from the 3rd rd. All my races were .020 or better MOV. alot of really close races.

.TIMESLIP.jpg

.001 and dead on with a zero, very nice.
Doug

Frequented Kil-Kare 1984-87.

Hard core OH drag racers-

Rock on!

Doug
Are you drinking something with caffeine just before the 3rd round? :D

Auto Transport Service
Back