• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the differences between the 68 and 69 Superbee?

Two things. First, how is it determined which 68 Bee's get the clock only or the Tic Toc Tach? I am calling the owner of the 68 Bee that this thread is about tonight and I will let you all know what he has to say. I am hoping he will make a decision today one way or the other. I am sure you all are tired of this thread by now, but thanks for following along. The owner has had the car since new and last time I talked to him a month ago, he was having trouble making a decision to sell since the car has been part of his life for 50 years, so I can understand that, and I am trying to be patient. He is 70 now and as far as I know, he has no plan to do anything with the car, so we will see.

Two things. First, how is it determined which 68 Bee's get the clock only or the Tic Toc Tach? I am calling the owner of the 68 Bee that this thread is about tonight and I will let you all know what he has to say. I am hoping he will make a decision today one way or the other. I am sure you all are tired of this thread by now, but thanks for following along. The owner has had the car since new and last time I talked to him a month ago, he was having trouble making a decision to sell since the car has been part of his life for 50 years, so I can understand that, and I am trying to be patient. He is 70 now and as far as I know, he has no plan to do anything with the car, so we will see.
Maybe if you ordered the clock, you got the clock. If you ordered the Tic Toc Tach, you got that. If nothing was ordered, you got a blanking plate.
70gtxd.jpg

I (think) clock was standard. My only option was fender mtd t/signals.

Thanks for the replies oldbee and Photon440! It is good information to know. I guess I can see why many people did not go with the tach if the car was an automatic trans.

Mine was dealer stock, 6 of them in a row, at least 4 were auto’s & 4 different colors.

Ok, I was not going to get in to this, but I decided to go ahead since this thread is about the chase of this 68 Bee I am trying to buy. I spoke to the owner again on 11/09/2018 which is a month from the last time I spoke to him. Again, we talked about how he has had this car for 50 years (original owner) and how hard it is to let go sometimes. I let him know I just wanted him to know I was still interested when he is ready. I asked him if he would mind if I checked in with him again in another month and he said that would be fine, then he said that if he makes his mind up sooner, that he would call me and that he has my numbers. I took this as a good sign, but we will see. I am trying to take the route of patience for once in my life, so we will see if it works. Next update, 12/09/2018 or sooner if he gives me a call.

Sometimes you have to "hold em", and have faith. Ten years ago I was led to a one owner 69' Torino GT 390 four speed car for sale in Alabama. By the time I was able to speak to the owner, he had changed his mind, and wanted to restore it.But, he would call me if things changed.Three months later, he calls me up and says: come and get this car! he further said: his worthless kids are fighting over it, and they will ruin it!
I left ole Nebraska with my trailer, and within a few days, I had his Torino on the trailer. I never restored it, But I did trade it for a show quality paint job on a 68 Dart 383 GTS I owned. So things tend to work out.
Now, on the other hand , I heard of, and saw my 69' Coronet 30 minutes before I was able to buy it. it was not for sale, but the owner was so mad that he couldn't start it, I made him an offer, and he took it on the spot. That was June of 1997. and that car is still in the garage today.
21 years later. it looked like this then, I just had to rebuild the engine., and new tires, now 20 years old!
Good things can happen! if he likes you, you will get the car. so don't push him.

041.JPG 042.JPG

Sometimes you have to "hold em", and have faith. Ten years ago I was led to a one owner 69' Torino GT 390 four speed car for sale in Alabama. By the time I was able to speak to the owner, he had changed his mind, and wanted to restore it.But, he would call me if things changed.Three months later, he calls me up and says: come and get this car! he further said: his worthless kids are fighting over it, and they will ruin it!
I left ole Nebraska with my trailer, and within a few days, I had his Torino on the trailer. I never restored it, But I did trade it for a show quality paint job on a 68 Dart 383 GTS I owned. So things tend to work out.
Now, on the other hand , I heard of, and saw my 69' Coronet 30 minutes before I was able to buy it. it was not for sale, but the owner was so mad that he couldn't start it, I made him an offer, and he took it on the spot. That was June of 1997. and that car is still in the garage today.
21 years later. it looked like this then, I just had to rebuild the engine., and new tires, now 20 years old!
Good things can happen! if he likes you, you will get the car. so don't push him.

View attachment 684200 View attachment 684201
I really appreciate your example and perspective. As I have mentioned previously, I am going to practice patience this time!!! I am due to call the Bee owner (Jerry) on 12/9/2018 per agreement with him and we will see what he says then. I am totally prepared to not get the car. I have other things to do with the money that I set aside for the Bee if he decides not to sell. I love your car, that color combination is a favorite of mine! Thanks again for your reply!

Auto Transport Service
Back