• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the large holes for at the bottom of the quarter trim panel 70 Cuda?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
I post in FEBO and FBBO because FBBO gets way more traffic and is more helpful most of the time.

I' installing the interior on Uncle Bill's Cuda and was wonder what the large holes about 2" diameter were for at the bottom of each qyarter trim panel.

P.S. If you know where the black screws vs stainless screws go, too, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

1664303400488.png

quarter panel trim.JPG

Isn’t the top one for a window crank and the bottoms for the seat belt?

Window track adjustment access hole? Likely should get a plastic/rubber plug to cover hole.

Window track adjustment access hole? Likely should get a plastic/rubber plug to cover hole.

Isn’t the top one for a window crank and the bottoms for the seat belt?

Yes, the obvious one was the center hole for the window crank. I think the seat belt passes through the bottom hole. That's where it's going, anyway.

I figured out where the screws go.

Thanks

Yes, the obvious one was the center hole for the window crank. I think the seat belt passes through the bottom hole. That's where it's going, anyway.

I figured out where the screws go.

Thanks
Makes sense...

Had lots of E cars and never knew!!!!

FYI, with the belts running through the holes it makes them slide over the edge of the seat easily. I should have just left them come over from the back so they would lay flat like a B body.

I bought modern buckles since nobody seems to know how to use the original aircraft style buckles. Especially, the grandkids who will be riding in the back seat.

IMG_20220927_182833332.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back