• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What brand control arm bushings?

dcmason69

Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
What’s a good quality upper and lower
Rubber bushing?
Iam thinking it’s probably a crap shoot anymore, mostly all manufactured over seas ! What have you guys used that you had the best fit and quality ? MOOG. FROFORGE
MASTER PRO MOV0tech AC DELCO
and the list goes on.
Thank you dcmason69

I use PST 60 year old rubber usually is dried out.

It's all junk...find genuine nos
Use 60 year old rubber? That would not be a good idea. I've installed many Moog upper and lowers in early Mopars for myself and customers. Have yet to see one fail. Not that I have not seen Moog products fail. Just not these parts. I would strongly suggest Moog K7103 offset bushings in the front location of the upper A arms. The geometry of 60-70's Mopars doesn't allow enough adjustment for positive caster without them. We've used both rubber and poly in the lowers. Poly's need to be lubed or they will wear and sqeek. I only use poly for strut rods. This location can use all the stiffness it canget. Done many alignments in my time, more than 5000.
Doug

Yuo would use 60 year old rubber? That would not be a good idea. I've installed many Moog upper and lowers in early Mopars for myself and customers. Have yet to see one fail. Not that I have not seen Moog products fail. Just not these parts. I would strongly suggest Moog K7103 offset bushings in the front location of the upper A arms. The geometry of 60-70's Mopars doesn't allow enough adjustment for positive caster without them. We've used both rubber and poly in the lowers. Poly's need to be lubed or they will wear and sqeek. I only use poly for strut rods. This location can use all the stiffness it canget. Done many alignments in my time, more than 5000.
Doug
Thank you for your reply
That would be my go to is Moog
Good advice for the struts! Appreciate your help.
A friend told me that the offset bushings are hard to keep tight that they will tend to turn and get out of adjustment! Do you have a trick for them?
Thank you for your help
dcmason69

Thank you for your reply
That would be my go to is Moog
Good advice for the struts! Appreciate your help.
A friend told me that the offset bushings are hard to keep tight that they will tend to turn and get out of adjustment! Do you have a trick for them?
Thank you for your help
dcmason69
Never seen a Moog offset bushing turn. The outer sleeve is a press fit in the arm. The inner sleeve is molded to the rubber bushing. I currently have two street cars (both have Moog offsets installed over 20 years ago) and two drag cars ( both have over 10 years service). All are like new. Never had a customer come back either. Used Energy Suspension for the Polyurethane stuff with good success. Also easier for the home builder to install poly lowers. Use a drill bit in the lower rubber with the drill motor in reverse. It'll walk the rubber right out. No need to remove the inner sleeve from the stud unless the part you purchase comes with a new inner sleeve. To remove the inner sleeve beat on the outside of the sleeve with the stud laying flat. It'll expand the sleeve so it'll slide off the stud. When using poly lower bushings ther is no need to remove the outer sleeve. If using rubber lowers weld a washer to the sleeve after removing the rubber. Then press against the washer from the rear of the arm.
Doug

Never seen a Moog offset bushing turn. The outer sleeve is a press fit in the arm. The inner sleeve is molded to the rubber bushing. I currently have two street cars (both have Moog offsets installed over 20 years ago) and two drag cars ( both have over 10 years service). All are like new. Never had a customer come back either. Used Energy Suspension for the Polyurethane stuff with good success. Also easier for the home builder to install poly lowers. Use a drill bit in the lower rubber with the drill motor in reverse. It'll walk the rubber right out. No need to remove the inner sleeve from the stud unless the part you purchase comes with a new inner sleeve. To remove the inner sleeve beat on the outside of the sleeve with the stud laying flat. It'll expand the sleeve so it'll slide off the stud. When using poly lower bushings ther is no need to remove the outer sleeve. If using rubber lowers weld a washer to the sleeve after removing the rubber. Then press against the washer from the rear of the arm.
Doug
Thanks again dvw good tips !
Always more than one way to skin a cat!
So it looks like Moog or proforged for the bushings!
I looked at PST website and looking at pictures can see stamping on end. Made in Mexico.
If they all come here who is going to make these parts?
Thanks again
Will ask my contact again about what his offset bushings were doing.

I just had enough and went with QA-1 upper and lower control arms. Lot more adjustment.

Uppers I use the Moog offsets, install for max caster

Lowers I quit using MOOG cause the quit making them the right size... New ones don't fit..I've used AC Delco & Proforged, Both seem fine..

Doug
Doug
So installing the offset bushings I will want to have the thickest part towards the outside as I press them in so to
gain more tip out or position different?
Where are these clocked at?
dcmason69

Uppers I use the Moog offsets, install for max caster

Lowers I quit using MOOG cause the quit making them the right size... New ones don't fit..I've used AC Delco & Proforged, Both seem fine..
Thanks RT
So is that I assume negative caster?

When you install the bushings you do it in such a way that the upper ball joint moves rearward, puhing the front of the arm out an drawing the rear of the arm in..

Never seen a Moog offset bushing turn. The outer sleeve is a press fit in the arm. The inner sleeve is molded to the rubber bushing.
Well... That use to be the case... Moogs uppers are still great... Their lowers? Not so much... Still a press in into the arm, but the pin is now a slip fit....Not good...

Well... That use to be the case... Moogs uppers are still great... Their lowers? Not so much... Still a press in into the arm, but the pin is now a slip fit....Not good...
Great info 1 Wild R/T
Thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge this is a big help for me.
Maybe one more question R/T
Do you get 2 offset kits to do all 4 corners or 1 kit and do just fronts?
dcmason69

Great info 1 Wild R/T
Thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge this is a big help for me.
Maybe one more question R/T
Do you get 2 offset kits to do all 4 corners or 1 kit and do just fronts?
dcmason69
I always use 4 upper offset bushings, gives max adjustability. Also second going with Proforged where you can.

Auto Transport Service
Back