• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What brand control arm bushings?

The fronts are installed to move the front of the arm outward (hole closest to the shock tower). The rears move the arm inward (hole towards the ouside of the body). I dont generally install them in the rear location. The reason being is that there isn't always enough room to allow the rear of the control arm to move inward towards the shock tower. The arm may hit the yower when in the full in position.
Doug

I would strongly suggest Moog K7103 offset bushings in the front location of the upper A arms.

I was hesitant on using these because of the hole being offset and the lack of material on the one side of the hole. Sounds like you've put them to the test. I went with the regular upper bushings and when doing the alignment the passenger side had a good bit of positive caster but the driver side was only positive by a little. Had to adjust the passenger side the same to match. It handles fine, steering wheel returns to center without helping it. If I had known your experience before hand I might have used the offset bushings.

I went with the regular upper bushings and when doing the alignment the passenger side had a good bit of positive caster but the driver side was only positive by a little. Had to adjust the passenger side the same to match. It handles fine, steering wheel returns to center without helping it. If I had known your experience before hand I might have used the offset bushings.
This a very common condition. The location of the upper mounts varies from car to car.
Doug

This car has offset bushings, poly strut and lowers. Leaves like this all the time. Close to 1000 passes, 11 years. Front end is still as tight as the day it was built. Drives perfect at 150mph.
Doug

FB_IMG_1582900603307.jpg

This car has offset bushings, poly strut and lowers. Leaves like this all the time. Close to 1000 passes, 11 years. Front end is still as tight as the day it was built. Drives perfect at 150mph.
Doug

View attachment 1585722

Just installing those offset bushings will make it leave like that! I'm getting a set!
:lol:
(I love that car!)

Just installing those offset bushings will make it leave like that! I'm getting a set!
:lol:
(I love that car!)
So looking at the K 7103 offset looks like in the picture that the end cap large and small washers do not have the seriations made into them! Like the factory or even the generic ones
so how do you keep them from turning? Other than tightening them
Up really well?
dcmason69

So looking at the K 7103 offset looks like in the picture that the end cap large and small washers do not have the seriations made into them! Like the factory or even the generic ones
so how do you keep them from turning? Other than tightening them
Up really well?
dcmason69
When they are tight they don't move, you're overthinking it.. I've installed hundreds of them, never had a problem..

When they are tight they don't move, you're overthinking it.. I've installed hundreds of them, never had a problem..
Ok 1 Wild R/T, was just an observation. Just want to check everything out before making any decisions. I appreciate your input and advice.
dcmason69

Can you please post a photo of an arm with them installed?
Sounds like you need a pair of stock for the rear of the arm and offset for the front of the arm, with the thicker part going towards the outside. Guessing you’d put it inline with the arm.

Ive never had an issue with genuine Moog parts but understand the Chinamanese junk copies are getting much better, even the boxes are looking perfect. I see better prices on line but stay with the local parts stores thinking they are more likely the real deal. Can y'all spot the imitators ....

Can you please post a photo of an arm with them installed?
Sounds like you need a pair of stock for the rear of the arm and offset for the front of the arm, with the thicker part going towards the outside. Guessing you’d put it inline with the arm.
I use them in front and rear... Never had one not fit... I'm on the road so I can't get a picture currently..

Auto Transport Service
Back