• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What brand fan clutch have you had good results with.

Rustyiron

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a heavy duty fan clutch. What brand fan clutch have you had good results with?

I noticed after a while the temp has started creeping up and wanted to see what others have had good luck with on their cars.

Personally, I prefer the Mopar # 2806070 torque drive clutch or one on the other thermal drive clutch assemblies # 2658456, #2863260, #3462107 as used on A/C cars. Nothing against the Hayden units but I just don't like the slotted mounting bolt holes.....it looks after market....
BOB RENTON

Hayden or the MP Viscus units. I don’t know if there one in the same. I like the slots. Easier to install.

Nothing against the Hayden units but I just don't like the slotted mounting bolt holes.....it looks after market....
BOB RENTON
I sure wish Hayden would add a different flange design for us Mopar guys. Then they would be about perfect.

I bought a reproduction of the original part here: https://www.tonysparts.com/
Works good so far. Not driven much since installation though.

IMO.....Tony's Parts is a great source .... for both repro stuff and good used parts not the most inexpensive but I've found him easy to work with. I've used him several times....
BOB RENTON

What flange? To the pulley/water pump?
They do make a shorty version.

My objection to the Hayden offerings is the mounting flange to the water pump / drive sheave connection....I just don't like the slotted mounting bolt holes not the overall length (flange face to the total overall length dimension)....I realize that the slotted mounting bolt holes have nothing to do with the performance of the unit...it just looks aftermarket.....i'll stick with OEM or reproduction looking clutch.
BOB RENTON

What flange? To the pulley/water pump?
They do make a shorty version.
I don't like how the diameter of the bolting flange is a smaller diameter than the outside edges of the 4 bolts. It would be real nice if there were 4 bolt holes like Bob is referring to or at least put some more material on the flange so the washers sit flush when tightened.

Must be a Hayden on my '64, I looked at the slots and the tipped washers and thought some hack had slotted it for an easier install. Looks like crap..

I don't like how the diameter of the bolting flange is a smaller diameter than the outside edges of the 4 bolts. It would be real nice if there were 4 bolt holes like Bob is referring to or at least put some more material on the flange so the washers sit flush when tightened.
Thanks, gotcha.
My objection to the Hayden offerings is the mounting flange to the water pump / drive sheave connection....I just don't like the slotted mounting bolt holes not the overall length (flange face to the total overall length dimension)....I realize that the slotted mounting bolt holes have nothing to do with the performance of the unit...it just looks aftermarket.....i'll stick with OEM or reproduction looking clutch.
BOB RENTON
I am aware of your stance. I wasn’t asking you on what you made abundantly clear. Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back