• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what brand of gauges do you use

Speedhut has good sales on a few times a year. I never purchased anything from them but if I do anymore dash work I will be.

Auto-meter!!! Only brand I have and will ever use...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Well you do know the guy that started Autometer & was the engineer/designer sold the company about twenty years ago....
After he sold the company he quit selling to private customers for a few years till his non-compete clause ran out.... Instead he started a new company.... Speed Hut.... Which initially only sold to auto manufacturers.... Now the the n0n-compete contract has expired he's once again selling to private individuals... Every gauge is custom built to your specs...You might want to take a look... Allot has changed in the last forty years...

When you order from Speed Hut you select the sweep angle, the font, the range, the colors both day & night, the are allot of things that can be changed including adding custom background graphics.... Speedometers are GPS based.. All the gauges are Servo driven... Just really nice well designed stuff..

Well you do know the guy that started Autometer & was the engineer/designer sold the company about twenty years ago....
After he sold the company he quit selling to private customers for a few years till his non-compete clause ran out.... Instead he started a new company.... Speed Hut.... Which initially only sold to auto manufacturers.... Now the the n0n-compete contract has expired he's once again selling to private individuals... Every gauge is custom built to your specs...You might want to take a look... Allot has changed in the last forty years...
Did not know that!!! Thanks...Most of my gauges are from olden days so they are still just as fine. Also Sun Pro is what I use for my TAC ...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Anyone mount some Autometer gauges in the Radio Delete Plate location? I'm considering doing that and want to use Autometer to match my existing Autometer full sweep water temp Sport Comp gauge, but their Sport Comp bezels are so deep it's tough to read from the driver's seat. I've got an email into Autometer trying to find out which of their gauges have low profile bezels. I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone mount some Autometer gauges in the Radio Delete Plate location? I'm considering doing that and want to use Autometer to match my existing Autometer full sweep water temp Sport Comp gauge, but their Sport Comp bezels are so deep it's tough to read from the driver's seat. I've got an email into Autometer trying to find out which of their gauges have low profile bezels. I'm open to suggestions.
I think I saw some angle adapters available commercially or you could make some.
Mike

Don't cut up an original radio delete!
I made up a new plate for an aftermarket radio for my 69 rr, the same thing could easily be done for gauges. Painted with a textured flat/semi gloss black, looks almost stock.
I made a similar plate for the speaker location on my 62, for gauges and switches.
Had a cobra jet Ranchero that the previous owner installed gauges on the passenger side of the dash, IN the dash. I made some angle mounts to angle them toward the driver, so I could see em, kinda like the late sixties mercs.

Don't cut up an original radio delete!
I made up a new plate for an aftermarket radio for my 69 rr, the same thing could easily be done for gauges. Painted with a textured flat/semi gloss black, looks almost stock.
I made a similar plate for the speaker location on my 62, for gauges and switches.
Had a cobra jet Ranchero that the previous owner installed gauges on the passenger side of the dash, IN the dash. I made some angle mounts to angle them toward the driver, so I could see em, kinda like the late sixties mercs.
My 68 sport satellite did not have a radio or radio delete plate when I bought it used in 2010, so I ordered a re-pop from Classic Industries. There's just enough room to squeeze a few 2-1/16" gauges in there in the flat area. I can't stand under dash gauges.

If you knew somewhere or somebody that had a 3-D printer, they can print a radio delete plate with gauge openings.

Here’s something for a console.

608BE04B-5E42-4AB3-B87D-5AB41B50A694.jpeg
26151A1D-83DB-4C36-B644-18D834F9869C.jpeg
BC555EF7-023F-46EA-AF0A-5F906FAFA788.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back