• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I uncovered the jet ski today, but it’s too rough to take it out.

View attachment 1300677
Too rough to take it out, never knew there was such a thing with a jet ski!! I remember riding mine in April fully clothed on glass as fast as it would go. Then in July doing 40 and turning it so hard it would spin around and go under water backwards, pull full throttle and it would come out of the water like it was shot out of a cannon. Those were more fun than my boats and a hell of a lot easier to deal with.
1656155978846.jpeg
1656156126678.jpeg

Buy a camp they said. It'll be fun and relaxing they said....View attachment 1301035View attachment 1301036View attachment 1301037

We bought our place in 2001. The house was built in the early 80's and they never did any maintenance on the property after it was built. Every bit of scrap wood that was used to built the house was thrown into the dirt basement, including the countertop sink cutouts. It took us 6 years of hard labor every weekend we came up to get the house and property in shape. When I went back to work on so many Mondays I was sore beyond belief. In the end, it was worth it, but my body couldn't take all that hard work today.

112-1231_IMG.JPG

112-1248_IMG.JPG

IMG_20200725_192247.jpg

IMG_20200725_192359.jpg

Last edited:
Watched the Sunset on a nice evening,

0624222040_HDR.jpg
0624222044.jpg
0624222050.jpg

and the Sunrise this morning...

0625220529.jpg
0625220533a_HDR.jpg

Too rough to take it out, never knew there was such a thing with a jet ski!! I remember riding mine in April fully clothed on glass as fast as it would go. Then in July doing 40 and turning it so hard it would spin around and go under water backwards, pull full throttle and it would come out of the water like it was shot out of a cannon. Those were more fun than my boats and a hell of a lot easier to deal with.

On that day, the temp was around 57, the wind was howling and there were huge white caps on the main portion of the lake (we are in an area that's sheltered from the west wind). Taking any boat out in conditions like that is not pleasant. With the water temp in the high 60's, you'd be soaked and freezing on a jet ski. This weekend is supposed to be in the upper 80's - low90's & I'll be taking out the jet ski out for a 65 mph blast very soon.

We bought our place in 2001. The house was built in the early 80's and they never did any maintenance on the property after it was built. Every bit of scrap wood that was used to built the house was thrown into the dirt basement, including the countertop sink cutouts. It took us 6 years on hard labor every weekend we came up to get the house and property in shape. When I went back to work on so many Mondays I was sore beyond belief. In the end, it was worth it, but my body couldn't take all that hard work today.

View attachment 1303887

View attachment 1303888

View attachment 1303890

View attachment 1303891
Very nice!! It makes me tired just looking at it!! I regret nothing, memories that will last me a life time. The name of one of my boats was, Why-O-Y. The wife said, why oh why, do we need another boat. A name was born!! LOL

Working on a bunion on thar right foot.
Or fungus..... :D

View attachment 1303879 View attachment 1303880
Years ago a buddy and his son took his jet ski out into the surf off of Galveston with an approaching hurricane. There's always surfers doing that stuff but a JS? He said it was fun until he swamped it and couldn't get the engine to restart....and was a good 200 feet from shore. Took him two hours to get it and himself out of it with help from some people that lived in beach houses that hadn't left yet. Said at one point he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to get it out including himself until help showed up.....and said never again! Took him awhile to even bring it up at work and for good reason lol

On that day, the temp was around 57, the wind was howling and there were huge white caps on the main portion of the lake (we are in an area that's sheltered from the west wind). Taking any boat out in conditions like that is not pleasant. With the water temp in the high 60's, you'd be soaked and freezing on a jet ski. This weekend is supposed to be in the upper 80's - low90's & I'll be taking out the jet ski out for a 65 mph blast very soon.
I forgot where you live, I totally get that. My wife had family that lived by Mackinac inland. The water there in August was colder than I liked it. The lake we lived on was 56,000 acres and would get warm by the late summer, even with two or three rivers and many creeks feeding it. It was 28 feet deep under my dock. There was a bar on the water about 700 or so feet away, around the corner on the peninsula. I should have bought it, I helped pay to build it!! LOL. Now you have me thinking of things I haven't thought about in a long time. Be safe!!

Or fungus..... :D

Years ago a buddy and his son took his jet ski out into the surf off of Galveston with an approaching hurricane. There's always surfers doing that stuff but a JS? He said it was fun until he swamped it and couldn't get the engine to restart....and was a good 200 feet from shore. Took him two hours to get it and himself out of it with help from some people that lived in beach houses that hadn't left yet. Said at one point he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to get it out including himself until help showed up.....and said never again! Took him awhile to even bring it up at work and for good reason lol
I was always very careful, water is not your friend, you just spend time with it! People forget that.

I picked up the now fresh blue powder coated swing parts. Will start assembling them soon.

D020804E-CF2B-4862-AB53-7954977AB487.jpeg

E749FD24-662F-4193-8B11-1E96AF57C69C.jpeg

B6FC19AE-3F56-499A-BA83-D5F9E732E66B.jpeg

More information on that project please.
It's a Bi-polar Electrodialysis system, which is for adjusting/controlling product pH (wine in this case) quality and clarity without chemical additives. In basic terms it uses great big battery cell membranes to extract negative- or positive-charged ions from the product which lets the winemakers dial in the desired pH levels for a particular batch by targeting certain compunds in the wine such as tartaric acid or potassium. Very precise and more "sustainable" tech, you know, they like to be able to paste that word on everything nowadays!

I was always very careful, water is not your friend, you just spend time with it! People forget that.
Never was a great swimmer but liked to be in the water a lot. Even surfed car hoods on the sand and along the edge of the water and at times got out into the water too far with them. Most hoods we tried didn't like being in the water lol. Anyways, after being taste tested more times than I cared to be while waiting on one of Galveston's non waves, I stopped surfing. Not my world and wasn't that good of a surfer anyways :D Best time of the year for waves there was winter time or when a storm was coming in.

Put some barn board up in my room in the basement, should I wax, oil or poly it to keep off the dust? Got a couple ducks coming soon to mount on the wall. My guy takes two years but it's worth it. Next is my reloading/work bench/office desk lol, it's gonna be fun.

20220625_180827.jpg

20220625_180808.jpg

Leave it as it is and vacuum it periodically.

took my 77 CJ-5 to a local brewery and had a couple beers while they put on a presentation about hurricane Agnes that wiped out just about everything here.
I was 15 then
Geez I'm old that was 50years ago

20220610_192003.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back