• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

You guys are having too much fun. I'm going in at 6:15AM tomorrow morning for a colonoscopy. Right now, I'm sitting at my desk, surfing on FBBO, and drinking the 2nd phase of the concoction that... well, you know.
:carrot:

Did everything come out ok?

Binge watched the first season of Rust Bros (Mike Hall) on Netflix ....again. :thumbsup:

Got me salivating and wanting to start working on my truck again. Mike is enthusiastic.....and a Mopar guy.

I also want to punch someone in the face every time I see Avery break something. :mob:

Years ago, while the police were writing up the report for my car that was stolen from my driveway one night, the officer offered an observation that all that light just gives the thieves more light to work by.
47hc4k.jpg
That's some top notch police work right there!

Guess I've been a bad influence on my soon to be Son-in-Law..since he has been around me and my 1984/93 1st Gen cummins Crewcab W350....
;)

He decided recently that he wanted a 1st or maybe a 2nd gen so he has been trying to find one within his budget, and I have been looking as well. Well I sent him a link to a pair of 1st gen's about a 4.5hr drive from my place that I thought would be a good deal if they turned out to be decent trucks. He contacted the seller and they were still available so yesterday I hooked up my trailer and buzzed out there in Patches with him and my daughter to check them out.

This one is a 2wd auto and was being driven regularly up until last year and other than some dents and him wrecking the drivers door it was in pretty solid shape, think it has around 325K km's on it.

View attachment 1469081

View attachment 1469082

The other is a W350 Clubcab with a Getrag and 3.54 axles...been sitting for a couple years, another drivers door that is destroyed as well.
[laugh]
mileage is 587K km's and due to a bad starter does not run.

He brought it up out of the lower part of the farm and into his shop,

View attachment 1469083

Then with his huge overhead crane just lifted the front of the truck up and then lifted the back with the Kubota and I backed under with my trailer,

View attachment 1469084

Loaded and ready to go...

View attachment 1469085

View attachment 1469086

He got a screaming deal on both trucks IMO and we are going to get the chassis and drive train sorted out on the W350 then swap the body over from the 2wd, but in the mean time he'll be driving the 2wd.

Them there's some serious trucks!

Last edited:
Was kinda busy for me yesterday....started with mowing the yard and almost all of the easement.....only took an hour. Odd how it doesn't take very long when ya don't stop for beer :D. Then I took the The Green Meanie (95 beater Dakota) for state inspection and passed yet again. Thought this thing would be ready for the scrap yard 10 years ago! This place was my first time to visit and inspections are free for seniors. There was a senior female there that told me that after a bit of conversation about how uncomfortable the seating was in the waiting room. After that was done it was off to the grocery store for a few things and some 'comfort' food then relaxed during the heat of the mid afternoon and a couple of chores in the house the out to the shop to do a couple of things. Getting ready for a neighborhood 'garbage sale' starting on the 1st and I have some garbage to get rid of.

Guess I've been a bad influence on my soon to be Son-in-Law..since he has been around me and my 1984/93 1st Gen cummins Crewcab W350....
;)

He decided recently that he wanted a 1st or maybe a 2nd gen so he has been trying to find one within his budget, and I have been looking as well. Well I sent him a link to a pair of 1st gen's about a 4.5hr drive from my place that I thought would be a good deal if they turned out to be decent trucks. He contacted the seller and they were still available so yesterday I hooked up my trailer and buzzed out there in Patches with him and my daughter to check them out.

This one is a 2wd auto and was being driven regularly up until last year and other than some dents and him wrecking the drivers door it was in pretty solid shape, think it has around 325K km's on it.

View attachment 1469081

View attachment 1469082

The other is a W350 Clubcab with a Getrag and 3.54 axles...been sitting for a couple years, another drivers door that is destroyed as well.
[laugh]
mileage is 587K km's and due to a bad starter does not run.

He brought it up out of the lower part of the farm and into his shop,

View attachment 1469083

Then with his huge overhead crane just lifted the front of the truck up and then lifted the back with the Kubota and I backed under with my trailer,

View attachment 1469084

Loaded and ready to go...

View attachment 1469085

View attachment 1469086

He got a screaming deal on both trucks IMO and we are going to get the chassis and drive train sorted out on the W350 then swap the body over from the 2wd, but in the mean time he'll be driving the 2wd.
Man, that looks like a lot of truck sitting on that trailer....hope it's heavier duty than what it looks like in the pic lol. I had a 1st gen Cummins Club Cab dually some years back that was loaded out pretty nicely.....click on the attachment below for a better pic.
Binge watched the first season of Rust Bros (Mike Hall) on Netflix ....again. :thumbsup:

Got me salivating and wanting to start working on my truck again. Mike is enthusiastic.....and a Mopar guy.

I also want to punch someone in the face every time I see Avery break something. :mob:
I've watched that show a few times.....definitely different lol

Attachments

• Dodgetruck.jpg
    Dodgetruck.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 26
Colonoscopy??? Consider eating about two dozen sugar-free Haribo Gummi Bears. Far better tasting than that liquid turd they give you, and you'll be empty in record time. Just be close to the can when you start, because you might get ten steps in before you start foaming at the butt, and then you are pretty committed! The Old Faithful geyser will be jealous of your ability to spew forth a fountain like no other.

Go to amazon dot com and look up Haribo Sugar-free Gummies. The stories are absolutely hilarious!

Man, that looks like a lot of truck sitting on that trailer....hope it's heavier duty than what it looks like in the pic lol. I had a 1st gen Cummins Club Cab dually some years back that was loaded out pretty nicely.....click on the attachment below for a better pic.

Nice looking D350 you had there!

My trailer has a 10,000 lbs GVW and the with the weight of the trailer at about 2400lbs that still leaves me with 7500lbs for cargo. ;) What makes it look odd is the 16' length I think, and that W350 is a big long wide truck!

I'm going to be working on making the deck look better! Pisses me off that they didn't prime before paint, just makes more work for me to fix!

P1011073.JPG

P1011074.JPG

Yes, that's bondo filling in some rot!
P1011075.JPG

The previous owner of my place decided to paint my decks with burgundy latex paint...been pressure washing it for years now and it still looks like crap!

The previous owner of my place decided to paint my decks with burgundy latex paint...been pressure washing it for years now and it still looks like crap!
Oh geez! The color I choose I hope is closer to the color of the house than this peeling crap. I have to do a wood cleaner/mold killer wash/scrub down, then pressure wash rinse, dry, prime, then paint, I think my weekends cut out for me!

Pruned this massive bush today on one of the properties my wife and I maintain… I have to to use my JD with the forks on the loader and stand on a pallet. Took about 2 ft of the top and trimmed the sides and cleaned it all up..

51EB41FA-F549-4F34-B263-F28F9EB65C8F.jpeg

6A4B3FB3-5E37-47BD-96E8-D30C2C59D458.jpeg

New wheels for my 30 year old Snap-On creeper. The thunk, thunk was getting old.

IMG_3275.JPG
IMG_3277.JPG

and drinking beer. Saw my new neighbor up on a tall (14'?) step ladder standing on the very top of it trying to hang a swing in a tree. Told him he could borrow my 28' extension ladder and he declined....at first. About 10 minutes later he came asking for it lol. Other than that, I washed my 'new' 96 Dakota and have been cleaning up the shop.....and drinking beer :D
Entered local VFW show with the '71 charger. 100 or so cars. Very enjoyable.

Nadda.. it's 32 forking degrees. Celsius..
View attachment 1471850
That's kinda warm for up there this time of year ain't it? Been high 80's here lately and cool mornings with low humidity. 86 right now with 50%....supposed to be 90 on Friday and that will be the 2nd day of our neighborhood garbage sale. Thank God I'll have shade for most of the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back