• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I'm about 1/2 way through with my taxes.

The record is 74 pages.

Not quite that many this year. I don't have any 4 page schedule K's from MLP's.
Plus no 1099's from my bank because they don't issue them for less than $10.

Friday we had "tax-a-rita's" (maybe a few too many) while doing some of the more tedious I&E stuff.

I let someone else (the firm everyone knows of) do my taxes once.

It was relatively simple- I asked them to help me with being paid as an independent contractor, but they F'd it up so bad I ended up owing the IRS $2700 as a 20 year old and had to write a letter explaining why I couldn't pay.

Never trusted anyone else since.

TurboTax has been good.

We just have to stop by the town offices and pick up a copy of the property tax bill and then drop that at H&R Block. She ( Maura) then sends in the return so we can get the tax relief exemption via the gov for me being 100%. Saves us around $4100 bucks a year...she doesn't even charge us for taking care of it, we don't have any taxable income.

Yeah, I've always gotten refunds...but this year when I sold the rental property, not only did I nuke that property's mortgage interest deduction...I netted a nice profit from the sale. No more deduction + income spike = a likely large tax liability this year.

Ugh.

But, dad was a CPA so I've been planning for it ever since the house sold. I knew it was coming, and I have an idea approximately how much it'll be...but it's still gonna suck to write that check.

Especially knowing what our "government" spends our money on...

Stripped the KX250 down for some TLC. Bought this last year, with it looking practically new I decided to ride it all year and get back into the swing of things after being off of one for 10 years but wasn't happy with it. Front and rear suspension were both leaking oil, just finished rebuilding those then opened the motor up to find lot's of blow-by on the piston so it's getting a Wiseco piston upgrade along with some port work and a new paint job on the frame. Who knows, might hit a motorcross race before the end of the year... Vet class of coarse lol.
IMG_20210223_164012089.jpg

I'm about 1/2 way through with my taxes.

The record is 74 pages.

Not quite that many this year. I don't have any 4 page schedule K's from MLP's.
Plus no 1099's from my bank because they don't issue them for less than $10.

Friday we had "tax-a-rita's" (maybe a few too many) while doing some of the more tedious I&E stuff.

I let someone else (the firm everyone knows of) do my taxes once.

It was relatively simple- I asked them to help me with being paid as an independent contractor, but they F'd it up so bad I ended up owing the IRS $2700 as a 20 year old and had to write a letter explaining why I couldn't pay.

Never trusted anyone else since.

TurboTax has been good.
Over 25 years ago the IRS messed up and it cost me 1500 to hire a tax lawyer to straighten it out and it was a simple screw up but the IRS being who they are wouldn't believe what I was telling them. Ever since then I've let someone else do my taxes and even though mine are a lot simpler now, I'm still letting my tax guy do them. He hates the IRS too lol

Yeah, TTax for me, always.

And their "Audit Defense" program. For $29.95 or whatever it is...it's money well-spent, in my mind.

I still file on paper.. with hopes they feel sorry for me being stuck in the dark ages...
It also makes them work for their job... having to enter all my numbers into their computer! LOL

I still file on paper.. with hopes they feel sorry for me being stuck in the dark ages...
It also makes them work for their job... having to enter all my numbers into their computer! LOL
I do that too when I'm on the phone with younger people. I tell them to hold on because I'm not from that generation that grew up with tech and I'm slow...I'm not slow, I just make them wait awhile and then say I'm ready...lol. Like yesterday, I was on with a Delta Faucet rep who sounded like he was 19 years old. He wanted to send me a text and have me send back pics of the part all while staying on the phone call with him. If I were slow that would have been a challenge. The call took awhile but I was up to speed the whole time. Plus I was playing 8 ball on another screen and checking three other sites off and on, including this one and carrying on conversations on all of them...lol.

well not for today but for about the last two months. My wife's dog had cancer and died, damn shame it was one of the smartest nicest dogs i ever knew. just a mutt.
so anyway we two new puppies WTF was i thinking? one Bernese and one sheepdog poodle mix. i am just getting back to working on my car after following them around for the winter.
oh well i can't imagine life with a dog or 3

well not for today but for about the last two months. My wife's dog had cancer and died, damn shame it was one of the smartest nicest dogs i ever knew. just a mutt.
so anyway we two new puppies WTF was i thinking? one Bernese and one sheepdog poodle mix. i am just getting back to working on my car after following them around for the winter.
oh well i can't imagine life with a dog or 3
Sorry to hear that. Always tough to loose them

thanks
it seems like everytime one passes they rip a piece of your heart out
but on the bright side spring is here and i am almost done my charger, hope to fire it up this weekend
im going to need a new project soon going to start looking for a rolling chassis all rusted out

HAZMAT training & weedeating property. & the weather was beautiful but I made myself be 'responsible'. That was tough.

got everything out of my Garage and just 1 more load out side stuff tomorrow ,my stuff is in black trailer and another smaller 14 one and the yard is littered with stuff and we are living in the toy hauler. can't wait to get my new Garage and cabin built!

20210326_182826.jpg 20210326_183042.jpg 20210322_183424.jpg 20210320_173656.jpg 20210320_173854.jpg 16168066103211405732029769732502.jpg 16168066552054446384940572636878.jpg

Other than work on the car, the boys varsity hockey team that I coach won our Section Final game for our 3rd consecutive trip to the Minnesota Boys State High School Hockey Tournament. Finished the regular season/playoffs with an 18-0-2 record And #1 ranking in the state during this weird Covid season that almost didn’t happen. State tourney next week!
7E1E2C0D-AC62-4349-8DA7-336286691CE9.jpeg

Last year we went through the house stuff. we were living in a friends trailer at our place. all the house stuff was in the shop so i couldn't work on anything.
but it turned out great. the only thing is the trailer only has 5 gallons of hot water at a time. so I left the master bath functional and showered in there. for a while no roof, then a roof but no ceiling then a ceiling. it was a little chilly when i would get out. but he wife liked me not taking the hot water.
i dont want to do it again

IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1581.JPG AJPG2293.JPG

watched my brother build my driveway and started the pad excavation for my new Garage and house

20210405_174046.jpg 20210405_174012.jpg

ah, nothing as exciting as the other posts! I was subjected to the worst torture you can Imagine,,,, The Dentist! It ruined the day pretty much!ARGHH!

Auto Transport Service
Back