• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Today I blew out my K&N air filter with compressed air!:eek::eek::eek:
I'm naughty!
:lol:

Took the 1150 for a ride. New tires and 5c meant slow corners today though.

ice cold ef.jpg

I cleaned up a bunch of parts that came with the 78 truck I bought. If anyone is looking for 78-86 truck parts let me know.

sold and got rid of two of the military ambulances I had for sale dodge M886 s

Made some absorbent bedding for my P dogs. Starting to get low and buying that stuff ain't cheap anymore. Actually, it's for the 'pee' pans at the bottom of the cage and shredded newspaper works just fine.

made cookies.
Ate some...... :)

Yah, but we're starting to get too old for this ****... lol Wife's not moving so well today, my wrists are jammed... but we'll be at it again soon. :poke:
I can't do the wood splitting anymore....at least not anywhere close to that magnitude. My fireplace doesn't draw all that well anyways unless the fire is going pretty well and it just doesn't get all that cold here....but sure could have made use of it here last February especially after losing power for 12 hours before finding a generator!! Did get some pecan wood right after that cold snap and can always do some cooking with it if it doesn't get used in the fireplace....that is if the worms don't eat it up first.

Four years ago we ripped out our front lawn and changed it to a natural landscape. This weekend I planted several native drought tolerant bushes so they could get established by spring.

Removing a monster 8 foot octagonal, built in, six person hot tub that's been there since 1984.

It was fun but the maintenance (chemicals) was challenging and using it once or twice a week plus running it Monday and Friday for an hour so I didn't have to wait 3 hours for it to heat up after work literally caused my electric bill to double. Plus bubbles were forming in the fiberglass and we got sick of draining, and patching. Had pump and heater setup for regular swimming pool.

We are reclaiming the space on the screen porch.

I have three partial days in it. *** busting work.
At least I have most of the proper tools.
The air chisel is particularly nice.
Cutting the 3/8" to 1/2" thick fiberglass into manageable chunks was a bitch.

20211101_181837.jpg

I padlocked 'The POD' before going to work.
Next week I'll unpack it at my almost secret hideout place.

Worked on the basement until a sleepy grandbaby arrived and then I had to stop hammer drilling... so on to getting the Daughter's car ready for Winter, don't need her and our Granddaughter stuck on the side of a road somewhere..

When I bought this 3" thick SM/Celfort it was $18/sheet (1995). It's now $73Cdn/sheet w/tax! $1200 savings.. LOL Sure glad I hung on to the sheets for the back "cold cellar" that I never completed way back when. I still even had the strapping and 4" Tapcons to install it and some call me a hoarder. Saved on those Tapcons as well, they're now $45 a box of 100.
basement20212022pt2 045.JPG

basement20212022pt2 052.JPG
basement20212022pt2 072.JPG
basement20212022pt2 075.JPG
basement20212022pt2 076.JPG
basement20212022pt2 077.JPG

kristalmazdanov2021 006.JPG

kristalmazdanov2021 014.JPG
kristalmazdanov2021 012.JPG

kristalmazdanov2021 027.JPG

Had to go to the post office this morning and being it's Friday, lots of garbage sales so I hit one and found a fairly nice 100' medium duty garden hose for 15 bucks....offered 5 and she said sure lol. Women with balloon lips are easy! :D

Worked on the basement until a sleepy grandbaby arrived and then I had to stop hammer drilling... so on to getting the Daughter's car ready for Winter, don't need her and our Granddaughter stuck on the side of a road somewhere..

When I bought this 3" thick SM/Celfort it was $18/sheet (1995). It's now $73Cdn/sheet w/tax! $1200 savings.. LOL Sure glad I hung on to the sheets for the back "cold cellar" that I never completed way back when. I still even had the strapping and 4" Tapcons to install it and some call me a hoarder. Saved on those Tapcons as well, they're now $45 a box of 100.
Anything to do with construction these days is plain nuts!! I pick up any lumber that looks good from the side of the road but recently found a brand new 2x6x14 on the road. Glad the traffic was light! Even used fencing sells around here.

Two for One deal today... continuing on my basement completion task at hand and the ONLY store in Ontario that had a roll of foundation blanket in stock was 40 miles away, so we got a cruise in as well. Praying all the way there it would fit in the trunk! Gotta love a 57 year old car. Hit Costco for snacks as well....
1964dodgehdepotcruisenov122021 002.JPG
1964dodgehdepotcruisenov122021 004.JPG
1964dodgehdepotcruisenov122021 006.JPG
1964dodgehdepotcruisenov122021 012.JPG
1964dodgehdepotcruisenov122021 016.JPG

Two for One deal today... continuing on my basement completion task at hand and the ONLY store in Ontario that had a roll of foundation blanket in stock was 40 miles away, so we got a cruise in as well. Praying all the way there it would fit in the trunk! Gotta love a 57 year old car. Hit Costco for snacks as well....
View attachment 1192645 View attachment 1192647 View attachment 1192648 View attachment 1192651 View attachment 1192652
Most of the new crap on the road today you'd have to tie it to the roof!

Loaded this up to take into scrap. 56 Mercedes 220.

CA8ABA0E-FEC0-4882-BCE1-53A6BC509592.jpeg

Squared up the bandsaw blade.
The far right is after I was done that is 1/16 of an inch cut off the end of the tube
35859D6C-2441-4B25-BC76-AE992F222D68.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back