• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Well. Back home. Interesting trip. My phone decided to fly out the side window while driving back. Pulled over went back to get the phone just to see a 18 wheeler flatten in like a gopher. Piss me off but funny at the same time.

Seen this Not sure what its worth.

View attachment 1331814
The otter box saved all the internals except the camera. I was lucky.

Phone edited till I talk to the seller. :rolleyes:
Can you believe that he actually thinks one of his fellow FBBO members would try to buy that Superbee out from under him? WHO US?

Not really me since I paid someone else but it's done... the roof that is. I'm walking away at this point, maybe clean it out so we can park in it but I'm taking a break to enjoy what's left of summer/fall. Still undecided on what color the house will end up being but it won't be brown.
IMG_20220824_165533671_HDR.jpg

It's funny to watch somebody's face when they are carefully telling me about a collector car they are stalking thinking they are withholding enough, and I say: "Oh, that Hemi car in the Valley in the barn by the Propane Farm?"

Some might remember me talking about building a Dana 60 from hell a year or so ago? It was cast in Venezuela and that made me scratch my chin and after several days of working of trying to set it up after shortening it, I was scratching my ***! Turns out the shims weren't fitting the bearing fit radius. It came back to me last week and yesterday when I pulled the diff bearings off, I saw some shims that didn't look right so upon a closer look, yup, they weren't. The first couple of shims that sit against the bearing shoulder were deformed....especially the ones on the left side. That explains why the back lash increased by .010"! Found that mess after 3 days of trying to get things right and wondering again what in the hay was going on. Today I'm taking a break but did clean the 'turlet' about 15 minutes ago.

It's funny to watch somebody's face when they are carefully telling me about a collector car they are stalking thinking they are withholding enough, and I say: "Oh, that Hemi car in the Valley in the barn by the Propane Farm?"
I learnt many moons ago to keep my mouth shut about something I'm interested in. Even some that I thought were friends did underhanded things and felt like it was ok.

The shingles shots laid me up for the next day on the couch after I got each one. How are you doing?
Kinda had a hard time falling asleep last night, that i think had something to do with getting all the shots.
One shoulder is a bit "sore" but that's about it.
Think I'll be ok, as the day goes on.

headed out to finish up my rescue dive certification.

I got SHOT three times today, at the Mather VA, in my primary care doctors office, at a follow up appointment.
The Shingles shot, Flu shot, and some other one that was on his list.
Look kinda funny, being bandaged up.
JV.
My pri-care doc keeps on wanting me to get the shingles shot but I keep putting it off. My dad got that mess when he was about 74 and disappeared. Turns out he had a girlfriend taking care of him. Guessing he didn't want anyone to know it because my stepmom was in a nursing home at the time. Saw him driving down the road one day and I made a u-turn to go after him. Crazy dad....where in the world have you been for the past week or so. Almost filed a missing person's report. Probably where my craziness comes from.

Pretty sure he's asking $35KCDN for that SuperBee. It's nothing special, been sitting there all year.

I learnt many moons ago to keep my mouth shut about something I'm interested in. Even some that I thought were friends did underhanded things and felt like it was ok.
I've missed out on things because I honored a friends luck or work of finding it. A few times, I have asked permission to move if they won't, and we both lost it to someone else while they were thinking about it.

Right now, I know of a 1970 V code 4 speed RR that's sitting outside for 20 years, but I can't talk my friend who was the owner to buy it back. He's afraid to ask for a price, though he's a millionaire with $10K per month coming in. I encourage him to buy it every time we talk, but one of these days, I'm going to say: "Where is that POS?"

I don't have a trap but I have an elusive one that keeps making a hole that I keep backfilling. The mother-fuckers dead If I can ever get a clean shot of it!!! I'm now stuffing ammonia-soaked rags down the hole and hopefully the stink will make them move on. Same with the rabbit & chipmuck under my garden shed. And I finished cuttin the grass after borking with the mower deck most of yesterday.

Trying to organize. Since I've been finishing the basement the garage has become embarrassingly messy. After this I can move to the other half.
20220825_170637.jpg

Went off roading with my son in his Jeep today in the Pine Barrens.
Found some local art work.

37AA1006-1DB9-465A-A648-0C585F95EE0A.jpeg

352A7A09-D050-4A1F-B19A-DC9EFF00DD77.jpeg

C2E78BDA-7875-4A62-AEB7-332A32967B74.jpeg

Well. Back home. Interesting trip. My phone decided to fly out the side window while driving back. Pulled over went back to get the phone just to see a 18 wheeler flatten in like a gopher. Piss me off but funny at the same time.

Seen this Not sure what its worth.

View attachment 1331814
The otter box saved all the internals except the camera. I was lucky.

Phone edited till I talk to the seller. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure he's asking $35KCDN for that SuperBee. It's nothing special, been sitting there all year.

Car is located in Kamloops area....

1970 Dodge Charger

The shingles shots laid me up for the next day on the couch after I got each one. How are you doing?
That shot laid me up for a few days too. I got the shot when I was 55. The only reason I got the shot was because when I was growing up, our next door neighbor got shingles in his mid 60s, and dude he was in serious pain with several reemerging bouts of the shingles. It made a huge impression on me, that stuck with me 45 years.

Highly recommend folks to get the shot when the doc recommends it.

You ask.......got to sleep in this morning. Had a bowl of cereal. Started up the weed whacker and the lawnmower around 10. At lunch had a garlic bologna sandwich with chips crushed between the bologna. Cut the field behind the house, took a little nap in the lawn chair in the field. Wife came home from her workout and ask what's for dinner. Went to Fuddruckers for a good buffalo burger, came home and now typing this **** on the computer. Did nothing with the Charger today.:drinks:

You ask.......got to sleep in this morning. Had a bowl of cereal. Started up the weed whacker and the lawnmower around 10. At lunch had a garlic bologna sandwich with chips crushed between the bologna. Cut the field behind the house, took a little nap in the lawn chair in the field. Wife came home from her workout and ask what's for dinner. Went to Fuddruckers for a good buffalo burger, came home and now typing this **** on the computer. Did nothing with the Charger today.:drinks:
You still have a Fuddrucker's....that's cool.

Auto Transport Service
Back