• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Man, the garbage sale today is more lackluster than it was yesterday! Took in 40 bucks yesterday and so far today.....a whopping 8 bucks! At least made it to my goal of 350. I'm already throwing away the stuff I don't want and looks like no one else does either lol

Bought a vintage Mercury "Tower Of Power".

IMG_2550.jpg

My dog Elvis turned 8 y/o today
he's getting grey

Elvis 8th Birthday June 3rd 2023 003.JPG

I took him to Tractor Supply, got him some more food, Milkbones & Pupperoni treats, breath Minty treats
& a new canvas 'duck toy'
he loves going there,
mainly the ride in the truck, it the best

We stopped by McDs after, I got him a 1/4pd cheeseburger
I never go to McDs
I did get 2 large fries for myself & my dad
otherwise, I won't & don't eat there ever
been years, a decade probably now
but, it's a special day, for my fir baby...

went to the Sullivan Creek by my house,
pretty full with snow runoff & let him play
I usually don't allow him in there

cooking him a piece of flank steak

Posted this in the wrong forum..Just got done pressure washing the North side of our house. Has not been done in 4 years… Very rewarding, just have to go back up there and replace a shutter..

3C7881B0-3693-4594-9043-CFE29140DCC1.jpeg

0F829D57-98FD-492E-A700-E90A40EE87E8.jpeg

77C2B2FC-7244-465A-92E0-1D2E71D26FBE.jpeg

661A6117-9936-4EDE-9372-8D23E5675DE1.jpeg

FC45DCF7-0E84-4200-B561-EF51E6B5CC1F.jpeg

Guess I've been a bad influence on my soon to be Son-in-Law..since he has been around me and my 1984/93 1st Gen cummins Crewcab W350....
;)

He decided recently that he wanted a 1st or maybe a 2nd gen so he has been trying to find one within his budget, and I have been looking as well. Well I sent him a link to a pair of 1st gen's about a 4.5hr drive from my place that I thought would be a good deal if they turned out to be decent trucks. He contacted the seller and they were still available so yesterday I hooked up my trailer and buzzed out there in Patches with him and my daughter to check them out.

This one is a 2wd auto and was being driven regularly up until last year and other than some dents and him wrecking the drivers door it was in pretty solid shape, think it has around 325K km's on it.

View attachment 1469081

View attachment 1469082

The other is a W350 Clubcab with a Getrag and 3.54 axles...been sitting for a couple years, another drivers door that is destroyed as well.
[laugh]
mileage is 587K km's and due to a bad starter does not run.

He brought it up out of the lower part of the farm and into his shop,

View attachment 1469083

Then with his huge overhead crane just lifted the front of the truck up and then lifted the back with the Kubota and I backed under with my trailer,

View attachment 1469084

Loaded and ready to go...

View attachment 1469085

View attachment 1469086

He got a screaming deal on both trucks IMO and we are going to get the chassis and drive train sorted out on the W350 then swap the body over from the 2wd, but in the mean time he'll be driving the 2wd.
Bud, I like your truck. I had an 85 crew cab dually I built in 91. It was a cab and chassis, ex paddy wagon of the sheriffs department. the only rust was a small area where the shotgun was mounted. I put a new takeoff bed and customized it. Built the 360 to around 325 horse. I did use it for work and play. I bought a slide in camper, handled it like it was nothing. I was going to order a new one in 87, not knowing they stopped in 85. If I had known, I would’ve ordered one when I ordered my 85. I did buy a new 87 and kept the 85. I’m sure yours will look great when it’s finished. Very cool your son in law will carry on the tradition.

Was kinda busy for me yesterday....started with mowing the yard and almost all of the easement.....only took an hour. Odd how it doesn't take very long when ya don't stop for beer :D. Then I took the The Green Meanie (95 beater Dakota) for state inspection and passed yet again. Thought this thing would be ready for the scrap yard 10 years ago! This place was my first time to visit and inspections are free for seniors. There was a senior female there that told me that after a bit of conversation about how uncomfortable the seating was in the waiting room. After that was done it was off to the grocery store for a few things and some 'comfort' food then relaxed during the heat of the mid afternoon and a couple of chores in the house the out to the shop to do a couple of things. Getting ready for a neighborhood 'garbage sale' starting on the 1st and I have some garbage to get rid of.

Man, that looks like a lot of truck sitting on that trailer....hope it's heavier duty than what it looks like in the pic lol. I had a 1st gen Cummins Club Cab dually some years back that was loaded out pretty nicely.....click on the attachment below for a better pic.

I've watched that show a few times.....definitely different lol
I love that truck too sir!

After work today had to put a sensor in my wife’s truck.. It’s an F150 5.0. I know it’s the first brand x we ever owned but it only had 15k miles that I put most of them on it including driving it off the dealership lot. Anyway it’s a loaded 4dr long bed with leather and we got it for almost nothing… Anyway electric fans would turn on when cold started and then when you drove it, it would ping until warm. Then once warm it would hard start… So it threw a code and it needed a head coolant sensor. Call the dealership they wanted $600 to install it!!! The part was only $17! Guy said it’s an involved job needed sealant antifreeze and an o-ring, tire and wheel well need to be removed etc… I told him it’s a blind hole with no fluid in it. He says “oh you must have a different engine then”…. I said “no I just researched before I called”. I did it and it was a bitch had to do with a mirror basically blindfolded… Took me 40 minutes including grabbing every tool I might need and going back for what I actually needed…The third picture shows the only tools you actually need. Cleared the code and runs fine now.. Saved over $580 and I did not take the tire off, the fender well and fender molding and the harnesses attached to the well like the video stated.. it’s buried on the back of the passenger side head. Just laid in the engine bay and did it by feel from the top…Right hand is sore with little cuts working against the firewall insulation.

B18FF234-75AA-4E9B-B34C-F7F8B34F473F.jpeg

17192A4E-5FEE-4BCC-801C-0D9B5F048142.jpeg

E3D9A823-C629-4FBA-AFD3-1740D9E4675A.jpeg

1F2BFA2A-F364-45E9-8419-396111D3EE84.jpeg

A48BA9B7-50DB-453A-95A4-178748598F89.jpeg

Last edited:
After work today had to put a sensor in my wife’s truck.. It’s an F150 5.0. I know it’s the first brand x we ever owned but it only had 15k miles that I put most of them on it including driving it off the dealership lot. Anyway it’s a loaded 4dr long bed with leather and we got it for almost nothing… Anyway electric fans would turn on when cold started and then when you drove it, it would ping until warm. Then once warm it would hard start… So it threw a code and it needed a head coolant sensor. Call the dealership they wanted $600 to install it!!! The part was only $17! Guy said it’s an involved job needed sealant antifreeze and an o-ring etc… I told him it’s a blind hole with no fluid in it. He says “oh you must have a different engine then”…. I said “no I just researched before I called”. I did it and it was a bitch had to do with a mirror basically blindfolded… Took me 40 minutes including grabbing every tool I might need and going back for what I actually needed…The third picture shows the only tools you actually need. Cleared the code and runs fine now.. Saved over $580 and I did not take the tire off, the fender well and fender molding and the harnesses attached to the well like the video stated.. it’s buried on the back of the passenger side head. Just laid in the engine bay and did it by feel from the top…Right hand is sore with little cuts working against the firewall insulation.

View attachment 1475157

View attachment 1475158

View attachment 1475159

View attachment 1475160

View attachment 1475161
600 bucks for a 40 minute job? Talk about a stealership....man I hate working on this new stuff.

600 bucks for a 40 minute job? Talk about a stealership....man I hate working on this new stuff.
The service manager was saying how the radiator needed drained, tire has to come off, take the fender trim off, take the wheel well off etc.. I told him it's a blind hole(no fluid) and then he said "oh you must have a special engine then".. I hung up and called the Parts department had my son grab the sensor for me on his way home from work and did it afterwork... Again not fun laying in there of and on basically doing it by feel but for $580 I dealt with it.

just took a drive, no place in particular.....Remembering the good old days.....

I could drive around all night with someone, listening to music, talking about life & perfectly satiisfied with my night...

Wife comes in the door Friday after work and has the owners' manual for the 2012 Charger in her hand.
Bless her heart, she was trying to diagnose what had happened to that critter that day.
She knows I'm not having the best of medical luck right now and is trying to keep trouble off me...
I tell her to put those back where she found them, I'm on the case.
We have a quick lesson on what that "other" gauge on the instrument cluster is for.

Turns out, the car has gotten hot - REAL hot - and since I don't see any coolant emerging from it anywhere,
I'm thinking the worst. Mental checklist is run down - no smoke, car runs fine, no other fluid on the dipstick,
fan is coming on when it should - all good so far.
So - where's the damn problem then?
Turns out, it's low on coolant - REAL low.
Ok, again - where's it going?
It's then that I notice the stains on the garage floor under her car and detective Ed figures it out - radiator!
Piece of shiyat, plastic and aluminum radiator - still quite a young unit too, since it got replaced when the
car got in an accident 3 years ago.

So....what have I been doing when a few spare moments here and there occur today?
Tearing the thing apart, of course. Turns out, it's quite an involved process to replace the radiator on these
late model cars. TONS of plastic, everywhere - and the product packagers at Chrysler have succeeded in
packing 10lbs of it in the proverbial 5lb bag, too.
Big fat ol' meathooks don't get along with micro-spaces to work in.
This job ain't a half hour in our old rides; in the Charger, an expert might get it done in half a day.
Either way, no choice - I gotta do it, regardless of physical whatevers.

Several hours later I've managed to get it down to the four bolts that hold the condenser to the
radiator; after that, I can hopefully lift the radiator out of the car and throw it across the pasture a few times
in triumph.
Local parts stores (all national chains) want like $300 for a replacement.
"Hello, Rock Auto?"
:thumbsup:

Went to a Mopar Show in London, Ontario today. Lots of nice stuff there. One of the local Forum members showed me his new ride; 2023 Chrysler 300C with 6.4L (392, 485 h.p.). This is 1 of 200 to remain in Canada. It is very impressive in Mafia Black. Owner said he picked it up on Thursday, and it has 230 kilometres (about 150 miles) on it. He traded his Hellcat in on it, and got $$$ back. He said he is less likely to kill himself in this. He said he had his Hellcat up to 299 kph. on a remote highway.

Last edited:
Started the Barton shifter install on "the other Mopar", Challenger SRT Core. Last thing to replace / rework that I did not like on the car. Skip shift feature and the clutch delay valve being the other two. I will confirm it is much easier to work on a 50 year old B body.

Auto Transport Service
Back