• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I was able to get a good deal on a pair of Weld Magnum 1 PC wheels and tires so Imountedthem up today. I am still undecided if I like the 2 PC or 1 PC more.
1) Current wheels.
2) newer wheels.

20231223_140344.jpg

20231223_163758.jpg

20231223_163814.jpg

Finished my younger son's bedroom renovation......promised my wife he would be moving in by Christmas.

Well, I did it with 2 hours and 5 minutes to spare. :lol:

He's about 70 miles south of me....he is/was a grape farmer, we do almonds so you might say he's more fruit, I'm more nuts:D

That explains him meeting requirement #1 if playing with more than one or two cars....

Having lots of land and/or building footage.

That explains him meeting requirement #1 if playing with more than one or two cars....

Having lots of land and/or building footage.
I've been out there, he's got 'em laying everywhere...he likes the '71 Chargers.

Yesterday, Submit & I took a walk and as usual, we groused about all the trash on the side of our rural road so today we walked one mile down our street and picked up all the trash, cans, Dunkin Donuts cups, and liquor bottles on one side of the street which completely filled a green contractor bag. On the mile return walk, we picked up all the trash on the other side of the road which filled up another contractor bag. That endeavor took about 2 1/2 hours. We had lunch and then made a loop around the neighborhood in a different direction and spent another hour picking up another 3/4 bag of trash.

The amount of alcohol, beer and nip bottles we picked up was stunning, which makes you realize how many people are drinking and driving.

just got done , had to replace the rocker switch on my atv winch . at first i thought it was a poor connection at battery , checked and cleaned all connections there still no worky. removed switch thought it would be corroded and nasty , looked new inside. so i split the motor on winch expecting the same , nope looked to be in very good shape. by the way this winch , a superwinch 2000 i believe is around 20 years old . i then bypassed the switch w an auxiliary battery, worked perfectly! oem style switch no longer available so i bought one similar and had to modify the junction/switch mount box. so i’m ready for the next snow !

well 61 gallons later paint is complete for the sprayer anyway a few touch ups at the end will happen started the frp in the bathroom utility area so no painting behind the surface mount pipes etc for the water heater, softener etc. and into the cheap shower stall set up and behind the toliet and urinal. sparky was here for one day had a delay on another project, now he 's 100% ready for his finish hope he's back soon, one of those favor/trade deals, so I'm last on the list if money is to be made
20231228_193559.jpg
20231228_193612.jpg
20231228_193645.jpg
20231228_193706.jpg
IMG_20231229_121928_01.jpg
20231224_123103.jpg
20231222_231133.jpg
. picking up some wolmanized 2x4's tomorrow gonna use them for a heavy duty base board, to keep carts etc. from blowing thru the 1/2" osb and seal the wall to the floor. Probably router an edge on the top outside corner to help debrie from collecting and fall onto the floor. Also got one of the overhead door openers installed, one of those side mount ones took longer to set it up than ot did to install it, all wifi **** can open from my phone and spies on me all in one.

I came back to FBBO after a prolonged, hellacious hiatus.
Horrible connectivity now so it's taking a long time to do anything.
It'll get better, later!
It is good to be back:usflag:

I passed a lot of water this morning......

Been tweaking the flow rate of a water controller used in the production of extruded bread products. Set this up before Christmas, and we just fine-tuned it today. It will run way better than the floating plastic ball gauges they used to have in the system.....prone to vibration and poor visibility through the plastic housing.

Where to start.....

Wife noticed some water under the kitchen sink.

Thought it might be the big O rings that we knew were leaking on the swivel faucet.
I'm 50/50 on these actually stopping the leak.
Replaced them and it did stop the above the faucet leak, but not the water under the counter leak.
Turns out both braided lines were leaking at the rubber to brass junction!
30 inch, so extra cost vs the common 20 inch, yay.
Also the second one I picked up at the store had white-ish rubber and looked like it had been installed.
That kept happening- either white-ish or install marks until about the 6th one I looked at.
20231224_094818.jpg
20231224_094824.jpg

Had to use my metric adjustable wrench!

20231224_095617.jpg

...and the stove...

About 10 or so years ago, the "drop in" stove acted up.
I searched high and low, but was unable to find one that didn't cost thousands of dollars.
I did find a used "slide in" glass top model on craigslist for $400, and was pretty sure I could make it work.
After all, I "just" needed to cut out the cabinet "face" under the drip in, right?

So it turns out the base of the "new" stove was 4 inches deeper than a "standard" counter, and interfered with the toe kick area on the back side, which is a bar., and therefore could not "slide in" all the way. Are you with me so far?
We've been dealing with that and the resultant gap, for years.
This year, I decided to tackle the issue by potentially getting rid of the 2x4 supporting toe kick, and using that space to snug the range up.
We even had a plan B to completely eliminate the toe kick and reface the back side of the counter with basically a whole sheet of something.

Bzzzz. Even with the toe kick support removed, there's not enough depth to slide it all the way back!

Who The F designed this to have a base that's 4" deeper than the top surface???

20231230_181144.jpg

vs
20231230_181150.jpg

End volume I

Turns out the first time- I completely missed that this is "convertible", meaning it's a slide in OR a drop in.
That sure would have saved a lot of work the first time, as I could have "simply" removed the base, and dropped/slid it in.
However, we have become accustomed to the pan storage, and would like to keep it.

I'm still mad at the engineers, because the pan storage drawer is MUCH less deep than the base.
(Dang, no side view pic of base before "surgery")
That 4" of base that causes it not to fit is completely unnecessary!
However, you can't just hack it off....oh no, it supports the weight, plus has the adjustable "foot', and it has holes where it would need to be cut, preventing to to remain attached and preventing the foot from being relocated.

We did look at new ones, and it turns out the don't make them like this anymore.

20231230_181717.jpg

See how the glass overlaps the counter?

End of volume II

So now the plan is to section the 4" out of the middle and use the removed section to join the remaining front and rear sections.

...but first I need to install the new band saw blade to replace the one that broke last summer.
20231231_113642.jpg
20231231_114022.jpg

20231231_123056.jpg

Got one side loosely mocked up.
Tonight I slide the range back out, test the mock up for depth clearance and attachment points on the bottom of the range, trim the counter back 1 1/8" where it wasn't cut deep enough on the front side, then take it all back apart again and either finish the other side, or take more section out.

20231231_124207.jpg

Also, gotta keep the cats out from under it.
After looking and looking for something of adequate siz (10 1/8 x 30) and finding nothing, I stumbled upon a $4 thrift store speaker box I bought for the tweeters but hadn't thrown out yet- it's exactly 10 1/8 x 30!
20231230_195528.jpg

Note my pre-mixed whiskey sour "coping mechanism".

End Volume III

Last edited:
I have replaced the steering gear box(borgeson) power steering pump along with installing new upper and lower QA-1 control arms. Also new shocks. Purchased a E440 HP to replace the 383. Whew! 1969 Roadrunner.

So now the plan is to section the 4" out of the middle and use the removed section to join the remaining front and rear sections.

...but first I need to install the new band saw blade to replace the one that broke last summer.
View attachment 1585030View attachment 1585031
View attachment 1585032

Got one side loosely mocked up.
Tonight I slide the range back out, test the mock up for depth clearance and attachment points on the bottom of the range, trim the counter back 1 1/8" where it wasn't cut deep enough on the front side, then take it all back apart again and either finish the other side, or take more section out.

View attachment 1585033

Also, gotta keep the cats out from under it.
After looking and looking for something of adequate siz (10 1/8 x 30) and finding nothing, I stumbled upon a $4 thrift store speaker box I bout for the tweeters but hadn't thrown out yet- it's exactly 10 1/8 x 30!
View attachment 1585040

Note my pre-mixed whiskey sour "coping mechanism".

End Volume III
Looks like we do the same things lol. When my MIG welding gun messed up it was over a year before I tore into it and bought a new gun awhile back and well, the new one is still sitting on top of the machine!
I have replaced the steering gear box(borgeson) power steering pump along with installing new upper and lower QA-1 control arms. Also new shocks. Purchased a E440 HP to replace the 383. Whew! 1969 Roadrunner.
Cool....but you need to read the thread title again :poke: :rofl::thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back