• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Do You Like Better, The Superbird Or Daytona?

Which Is Best?

• Total voters
Superbird. The Plymouth script and the decal on the wing did it for me. Also the front nose looks more finished.

701F5DF7-AF66-40D6-B775-D141B496C81C.jpeg

Have had my Superbird for 31 years. Remember seeing the Daytona new at the Dodge Dealer with my Father. Went gaga over it and my Father asked what the hect is wrong with you? Love them both but still love my bird the best

Got ya by 5 yrs !!:poke:

Superbird. I think the taller wing looks better. Would GLADLY take either, though. BTW, until quite recently there was a beater genuine 1970 ‘bird daily driver in Yellowknife, north of me. Haven’t seen it in a few years so I imagine it’s been snapped up, over restored, and packed away in a collection, never to be seen again. Shame, really.

Superbird because:
I have a 70 Roadrunner
I like the vinyl top to accent the stripe color and break up the body color.
BOTH are :lowdown:awesome cars!

I'm sorry but I don't really like it. It's definitely different, I like the idea. I like the color
I replied to the person that sent this to me with the following. "It's a waste of a nose cone and a wing."

Bird for me ! I was drawn to it at the age of 9 or 10 (1973). Like the wing being more raked back and not so upright as the Daytona and the Bird nose just looks better all around.

Btw..I just became a PROUD Bird owner myself. Dreams do come true if you believe!

Bird-1.jpg

the Bird nose just looks better all around.
Ya know, until I read through this thread, I didn't realize that the Superbird nose doesn't have that cheap looking mesh on it.
Being a 70 V-code Roadrunner owner, I guess I'm close to having a Superbird. That was my vote anyway, because I especially like the Lemon Twist and Black vinyl top w/black stripes and interior!

If I had the money, and I don't think I will in my lifetime but there's enough of an outside chance that I can dream about it...
I would do a Superbird clone, Lemon Twist and Black, with a Hellephant engine and a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission that could handle the power. The absolute best suspension system available and the same goes for brakes.
THAT my Mopar friends would truly be a SUPERCAR. I'm absolutely certain that the power output would exceed that of the Nascar Hemis, and with the suspension setup and the aerodynamics dialed in, along with the OD 5th and/or 6th gear, with enough geography it would be a top speed terror, AND still rip one hell of a 1/4 mile.
Yep, that would be a dream car for me.
Now don't get me wrong, I will be able to get "a taste" once I get the QA1 K-member and front suspension system I already own installed, the triangulated 4 link rear suspension I want to get asap, the 6 piston caliper on all 4 wheels Wilwood disc brakes system I have lined up, and the stroker motor I have planned. I already have the Passon a855 5 speed, and I love the way the 5 speed plays with the 4.10 ring and pinion gearset in my Dana 60...
But still, bigger dreams...

Auto Transport Service
Back