• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think about the Gen II Stealth Fuel Tank 66-67 GTX Charger

I used a Tanks Inc. on a 71 cuda because aeromotive didn't have one when I converted to F.I.. Tanks inc was a lot cheaper, use a walbro pump, less than $100 for the pump. I have it in for 3 years and no problems, tank is powered coated.

That looks pretty cool! If the fuel sending unit works better than the pos repro one that everyone else is selling that would really help a lot of people out.

ill be getting one of those if i ever have to get back into fuel system work.

i modded a spectra tank to get the MSD Atomic EFI in my 66 coronet 500 going. used a return style setup and tanksinc in-tank pump. goin on over 5 years without issue.

watermelon

I bought one of these Gen II tanks for my 66 Satellite a few months back, Aeromotive 18464, for a boosted Holley EFI conversion. Works great for my application, they have 3 different part numbers depending on the pump flow you need. Very quiet pump, much better than external pumps. The wiring and pump outlet and return use the same location as the stock sending unit, but there is an adapter on the top of the tank for the pump itself which sticks up about a quarter inch. I used some 3/8'' closed cell foam on the top and back of the tank to lower it a bit and used the stock strap. I was concerned the sending unit wouldnt read with the correct ohms but is pretty good and goes from empty to about 7/8'' at full on the factory gauge. The tank itself is just one of the cheaper tanks modified by Aeromotive and painted silver, but its been good for the roughly 525 hp or so I've got and I'm more than happy with it so far.

Mike

I put an Aeromotive stealth tank on my 66 Charger, I only remember two pump choices at the time I bought it so maybe not generation 2.
I just used the stock mounting pad on top. I did need to "adjust" the "crimp tabs" on the corners of the tank after installation to clear my TTI 2 1/2" tailpipes which would of been much easier done before installation. No regrets here.

Auto Transport Service
Back