• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What hood is this?

HitIt

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this one before... looks really cool. Does it have any functional fresh air system? I imagine not, but still it's pretty neat.

photo.jpg

The center section is basically a non-functional plug for the square hole that a functional air grabber setup can use.

Thanks YY1, I see that now. I think I would like that hood either way

71 only.

Air grabber option, or standard for Bee, that simulated vent with engine size call-outs, and for the R/T, louvers.

72-74 Rallye cars got a hood with the same bulge but no square hole for any of the three options listed above.

All are expensive, and very rust prone for some reason.
Much more so than flat hoods.

At least three companies make fiberglass repros, but after shipping, they are almost as expensive as a metal original.

There was one on here not too long ago for a fairly good price IIRC.
Wish I could afford it.

71 only.

Air grabber option, or standard for Bee, that simulated vent with engine size call-outs, and for the R/T, louvers.

72-74 Rallye cars got a hood with the same bulge but no square hole for any of the three options listed above.

All are expensive, and very rust prone for some reason.
Much more so than flat hoods.

At least three companies make fiberglass repros, but after shipping, they are almost as expensive as a metal original.

There was one on here not too long ago for a fairly good price IIRC.
Wish I could afford it.
Hey YY1

Do you happen to remember those companies?

Dane

Wasn't there a few (Very few) 72 model Chargers and Road Runners sent out with the air grabber hood?

I think I saw something about it years ago in one of the Mopar mags.

The hole on the air grabber is smaller then the hole for the louvers and call out insert.

Agreed, The pop-up vent door is much smaller then the inserts and is a different shape.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.JPG
    IMG_7538.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_7796.JPG
    IMG_7796.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 219
VFN in Chicago and Showcars in Canada.

Wow, another one of those..."why would they go to the time and expense to tool two different parts"... examples.

Looks like with a little work that you would never see, it could adapt either way,

The fiberglass ones I researchd have interchangeable center section parts.

The fiberglass ones I researchd have interchangeable center section parts.

I have not seen any of the fiberglass hoods that have the cutout for the center section. I'd like to get one and put an air grabber on my Charger.:headbang:

Airborne look on here a guy in TX is selling a complete air grabber hood 3000 and on eBay there is one in mi for 2300 or offer and Detroitinc has a bee hood with r/t insert on here for 1300 i saw insert yesterday nice piece real nice show cars is making the buldge hoods but last i talked to him hadn't made the r/t or bee hoods yet needs one to make a mold from I'm gonna be getting another made from glass soon here from one of mine

Thanks loneagle, those are all out of my price range right now (just got back from spending a boat load of money on a vacation).... I was looking at the VFN hood due to price and good things I have heard about it on another forum but no one has mentioned the price of shipping.

Shipping a hood is pricey and you hope it shows up like it left the origin but theme is the brakes I do have a buddy with a 74 rally bulge no vents in back but its $1300 cash w/o shipping

The VFN doesn't have vents in the back so that's not a deal breaker, the lack of funds on the other hand...

Auto Transport Service
Back