• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the optimal Temperatur a 383 Engine should running at??

not without changing the radiator support or cutting the existent one! and i would'nt like to do that.

perhaps your gauge is not accurate.

Take the air cleaner off the carb and see if it runs any cooler. If it makes a difference find a better flowing air cleaner element. Also check the burn and color pattern on the sparkplugs the porcelain should be tan if the combustion is right. If the sparkplugs are white the combustion is to hot. Your radiator is big enough if in good condition and the engine is tuned properly. There are other reason for over heating other than cooling system size.

the u.s. radiator i'm messing with now has 15% of the tubes soldered shut and i haven't counted the partially shut. i've got about $700 in it and i'll have to scrap it.
I have the same problem, 4 row 22" U.S. Radiator, but luckily I bought mine through YearOne. When I called U.S. Radiator, they told me "too bad, you're screwed it's out of warranty". YearOne might have high shipping costs, but their warranty is the best. I'm getting a new one from YO and they are shoving this one up U.S. Radiator a$$.

what kind of problem are you having out of us radiator? Thanks KB9GIB

Could you explain the sludging up?

Over a period of time if you donot get your total engine and oil hot enough and long enough to remove all the moisture from combustion you get sludge
as in oil and water whipped to cream makes sludge

Over a period of time if you donot get your total engine and oil hot enough and long enough to remove all the moisture from combustion you get sludge
as in oil and water whipped to cream makes sludge
Glad that is working for you. Here it takes 20 minutes minimum of highway driving to get anywhere have used 180° thermostats for years with no sluge problem

Auto Transport Service
Back